Preface: The Last Time

Solana's hand was on Alea's neck, Alea's eyes slipped closed as the other girl's hand slipped from her neck to her cheek. The soft pad of her thumb slipped over her wet cheek, wiping the tears away. Alea softly grabbed her wrist and pushed it away from her face, her breath visible in the cold night as she took shaky ones. Solana softly sighed as she was pushed away by Alea, she couldn't find the right words or the right way to say how much she actually meant to her.

"Alea.. When I look into your eyes I see the person I am meant to be.. Please, don't let this be our goodbye," Solana begged, grabbing Alea's hand. Alea turned toward her, her violet eyes filled to the brim with more tears, she let a few slip over.

"Sol, there shouldn't be a goodbye!" Her voice broke and she fell to her knees, she could hear the galloping of the horses coming for them.. They only had a few moments left before they had to split and find their own ways, they were forever and Alea knew that but who know how long forever would have to wait?

"Al, I love you. I'll find you." Before Alea could respond Solana had kissed her on her lips and then she was gone. Alea felt her chest nearly cave in as she let out a quiet cry, the tears slipping down her face. The horses drew nearer, her pointy ears twitched at the sounds. Her hand ran over the ground; taking in every remaining ounce of her essence before she went off in her own direction.