~ Hazel ~

There is nothing wrong with going out to dinner. I mean it's just two people eating food and talking. That's completely normal.

Right?

I mean it's not like it was a date. Just two coworkers, coexisting in the same area for the same amount of time.

Even if he is deliciously handsome. But also a complete and utter ass.

It's just burgers and fries, nothing to fancy.

My thought are interrupted by the car door opening.

"You coming?" Nick asks in a gruff tone.

I nod slightly and get out of the car. I figured we would have gone to a cheap place. But NO! Why would we?

I mean he's Nick freaking Knight. Cheap to him is a five star restaurant.

Which is exactly where he took me.

I absentmindedly follow Nick as he leads me through the fancy restaurant. I couldn't even take in the decor.

I was so underdressed.

We sit down at a table next to an aquarium. The colorful fish swam around like all the awkward tension wasn't there.

Trust me it was. You could cut it with a knife.

"So see anything you like?" Nick asks breaking the silence.

"What?"

"On the menu? Anything interest you?"

I hadn't even looked at the menu. I was to distracted.  I open the menu and quickly scan through it. Everything here was so expensive.

"Can I take your order?" A lean brunette asks, as he approaches the table.

"Um I'll take a glass of whiskey, and the ribeye." Nick responds.

"And for you ma'am?" The waiter asks turning her attention to me.

"Um, I'll just take a glass of water and the chef salad."

Nick raises an eyebrow at me.

"A salad? Are you sure that's all you want?"

No. But the truth is I can't afford anything else.

I mean I'm not poor, I get by. But Ollie and Opal take up a lot of my money and extra time. And we don't ever eat out.

I slowly nod my head at Nick as the waiter takes the menus.

He crosses his arms and glares at me.

"What?" I ask shrinking back from his glare.

"I can't figure you out."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, normally when I bring someone to dinner they don't order a salad. They order an actual meal and something to drink."