Chapter 1: Summer Together

It all began during summer break. The Bakers were on their way to enjoy their annual visit to the Most Magical Place on Earth... It's the Magic Kingdom in Disney World if you guys don't know. Yeah, the tagline for the Magic Kingdom is not as well-known as Disneyland's, but it's still the Magic Kingdom, so whatever. However, this year Mr. Baker decided to make some changes.

"So, instead of a Disney World hotel, we're staying at a villa that your friend owns for free?" Sally asked from the backseat of the car.

"Yeah, isn't that great?" Mr. Baker said with enthusiasm.

On the other end, the Kishimotos are also traveling west for the holiday.

"So, how exactly did you convince Ji-san to lend you his villa?" asked Kira who was sitting on the front seat.

"I told you, as much as he hated me, family is still family," Mr. Kishimoto answered.

"I'm surprised that you never told me that you have a friend who owns a villa in Florida," said Sally.

"Well, he's not really a friend, more like a former client," said Mr. Baker.

"If memory serves, Ji-san would never help you unless he wants something in return," said Kira, suspicion clear in his voice.

"What?? No!" said Mr. Kishimoto.

"Last night you said he was a friend from work," said Sally.

"Yes, being a former client counts as a friend from work," Mr. Baker answered.

"Something is up, isn't it?" said Kira.

"What are you not telling me, father?" said Sally, raising one of her eyebrows. She's giving him the look. No people alive could stand the look.

"Honey," said Mrs. Baker who was sitting beside Mr. Baker, "I think you should tell her."

"What did you do?" Sally asked intimidatingly.

"Okay, fine!" Mr. Kishimoto yielded, "We're not there completely for holiday."

"Which means..."

"Your ji-san is planning to build a restaurant in that area, so he let me and Mr. Baker spend the summer in his villa to work on the project."

Kira couldn't believe his ears. "Wait, did you say Mr. Baker?"

"Oh, dinglehoppers!" was all Sally could say.

"Come on, Princess! It's not that bad!" said Mrs. Baker.

"You mean I have to be under the same roof with glasses-senpai?!"

"You mean I have to be under the same roof with her highness?!"

"Don't be so dramatic, she's a sweet girl," said Mr. Kishimoto.

"I don't like her, tou-san," said Hikaru, one of Kira's little sister.

"Yeah, she's mean and she doesn't talk to us," said Hikari, Kira's other little sister.

"See, even the twins agree!" said Kira.

"She's probably just shy. I'm sure you'll like her once you get to know her better," said Mr. Kishimoto.

"Dad, you know I can't stand him! He doesn't shut up!" said Sally.

"He's a nice boy, Sally," said Mr. Baker, "Besides, if you want to lock yourself in your room for most of the summer, you'll be happy to know that the house has unlimited internet."

"Really?" asked Kira.

"See, I thought this through," said Mr. Kishimoto.

Sally and Kira can only let out a sigh. Unlimited is not a luxury, it's a necessity! How else are they going to survive the summer? Living in the same house as their arch nemesis? This is going to be the worst summer ever!