Chapter Fifteen - Emily

"Jake." Andy started "I was wondering if you could tell me more about your ship? It sounds really amazing!"

"Sure, lad. What do you want to know?"

"Does she have a name?"

"Well, of course she has."

"What is it?" Andy asked excited.

"The Jolly Roger."

I couldn't stop myself when I heard the name and started to laugh.

"It's bad form to laugh at a man's ship, Rose."

"Sorry, sorry. But really? The Jolly Roger?" I asked trying to calm myself.

"I was a big fan of Peter Pan when I was a child." Jake started to explain. "I almost got a tattoo with a ship on my back. Luckily my brother stopped me."

"Wow. You are really invested in this thing. Andy hates the story."

"Why, lad?"

"I don't know, I just don't like it. I mean, Captain Hook is awesome because he's a pirate, but I hate the rest."

"I like Captain Hook, too. I always went dressed as him on Halloween."

"We should have a test about Disney in the competition." Morgan said coming behind us.

"Maybe we should." Jake said looking at me.

I looked at him, in his eyes more exactly and remembered what Zelena said. I hated that after a few hours in the company of my son, my brother and Morgan and Jake, Zelena's words were still in my mind.

"I don't know what to say about it." I told them.

"Well, I hate to tell you this, but I have to go home. We have another long day tomorrow and I'd like to have some rest before." Morgan said.

"Yeah. I should leave too, Andy." I said to him.

"It's okay. I guess it's already past bedtime, right?"

"Right and I adore you for remembering."

We packed our things and left .

"We have to go in this direction for the hotel." Logan said to me.

"Oh... Okay. Come here kid." I hugged Andy, kissed his temple and wished him a good night.

"My home is in the same direction." Morgan announced. "Bye Emily, bye Jake. See you tomorrow." She told us.

"Bye Morgan, good night. Bye guys!" I said to all of them.

"I guess it's just us, love."

"In which direction is your house?" I asked when we started to walk.

"Oh, I'm sleeping with you and the rest of the participants in the same building."

"Really? How? Can't you go to your own houses during the night?"

"Well, Roxanne let us choose where we want to sleep. If our homes were close to the studio, we could have spent the nights in our homes but if they weren't we could have spent the nights in the same building as you. My apartment is in another part of the city so I chose to sleep in the same building."

"I see."

"May I ask you something, Emily?" Jake asked me.

"You already did." I responded, smiling. "But ok, you can ask something else."

"What was the real reason you left the studio earlier?" I thought about my response. I could lie again or I could tell him the truth about Zelena but somehow I knew that if I told him a lie he would know.

"Zelena told me some things that made me angry so I couldn't stay there anymore."

"What things?"

I took a deep breath and looked at him. There just was something in his eyes that made me continue.

"She saw us talking before the second round. She didn't know what we were talking about but she decided that you told me what the second round was about and that you gave me the easiest pie on purpose ."

"She said that?"

"Yeah. She also said that this is why I won today."

"Your pie was amazing, Rose. And I would never do that. I gave you that pie because that's what people do in Romania."

"I know. But I got angry and just couldn't see her face anymore."

"Now I regret that I didn't eliminate her." Jake said without looking at me.

"She's still in the contest?"

"Yeah. At the end we had to choose between her and Ashley, and when it came down to my vote , I had to chose Ashley because I think the stress of the competition was too much for a pregnant girl. I thought about her well being and about her child."

"You're telling me." I said thoughtful. "I'm glad you did it. Ashley was good but she needed to rest."

"You were in the same position as she is now?"

I knew Ashley's story because the girl told them how she got pregnant. Her mother hated it, the father of her boyfriend hated the idea, they wanted to baby gone but Ashley and Sam decided to keep it. Her mother threw her out of the house and Sam's dad did the same but both Ashley and Sam had enough savings to rent a room for the two of them. Ashley wanted to win the contest so they could have a future for their child. My story wasn't like that.

"Mine is nothing like hers. The father of her child is still with them."

"What happened with Andy's father?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Perhaps I would."

I looked in his eyes. The intensity of his sincerity hit me hard.

"That's... that's a story for another time." I told him.

We continued to walk together but when they were close to the building I stopped and when Jake realized he stopped too.

"What's wrong?"

"We shouldn't go together inside. Someone might see us together and then what happened with Zelena might happen again."

"You're right. You should go first Emily. I'll wait five minutes, take a walk around the building or something."

"Thank you. Good night, Jake."

"Night. Sweet dreams, love.

"You too." I smiled at him and entered the building .

"You have no idea, love." Jake said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - Would you look at that, another chapter!  I think i'm just going to continue adding chapters for now. What do you think about Zelena still being in the competition?. And Jake and Emily getting closer and closer? Please let me know, and let me know if you like it or not. Please vote and comment your thoughts if you can. Thank you! ~Liz