000. the beginning of the end

PROLOGUE,
THE BEGINNING OF THE END

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He got seven of them.

Of the 43 women that were in labor on that very day, the majority that didn't give up their child to the odd man that was willing to pay for their child, kept them. Despite the circumstances of how they gave birth to these children, many women cared for the newborns as if they were really their own. But soon learned about the oddities that came with the children they gave birth to.

Some children were given to adoption centers, were neglected, and only a lucky lot continued to get the nurture they needed. One of those considerably lucky children, was Katia Riegler. With billionaire parents, Katia, compared to other children was far from being deemed unfortunate. She was well off, taken care of, but in reality, money didn't make up for everything.

The only catch to the way Katia Riegler grew up, was that she had be trained and tested on. With the abilities she had, she became one of the most alluring fascinations her parents and scientists had ever seen. They had trained her to be a killer, a more violent version of the crimefighting kids in America, and that's what she became. A child prodigy, someone could say, in the area of assassinations. She was the hidden gem in government operations.

But, ironically, instead of enjoying the spotlight, Katia despised it. She wanted to do her own thing. To no longer be restrained by the cuffs that were her  somewhat condescending parents. Nineteen years of it, and Katia had enough. She left everything behind. Fled her home, with nothing but some few belongings and stolen cash her parents would usually just throw at expensive bags and clothing.

For a time, Katia's parents searched for her. Using the government's help to relocate their once hidden gem. But, they never succeeded. Katia concealed herself, as if Katia Riegler was never even born on October 1, 1989. As if she did not even exist.

( let's hope this story actually goes in the direction i want it to go lolol. )