𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲

The alarm went off at exactly 7 am and I got up with a jolt.

Oh shit it’s Feb 13 which means….
I HAVE A FREAKING PRESENTATION IN THREE HOURS!!!

Cheers to Juliet for always being the last moment person -_-

Putting on my comfy tees and cute kitty shorts I turned on my laptop. After working till 2 last night some how I managed to get the video done.

It’s about the launch of a new app but for some weird reason the multinational company for which I’ve been working wants to sell the design and pre launch to a foreign investor or client (IDEK lol!) to make more profit. I mean seriously?

Anyhow my boss finds my video designs pretty cool so it’s a win-win.
It took me about an hour to take a shower, practise my speech and grab a quick breakfast before heading out. All the best to me.

“Are you serious?”

“Yuss bitch. Boss said that the investor called off at the last moment saying he won’t be able to make it. Isn’t it amazing!”

Amazing? Yeah right. Only Eva can find this amazing because now she’ll have an off day.

Evaline aka Eva is my best co-worker. We joined this company on the same day and instantly clicked. She works for the marketing department so technically her job comes in line next to mine but since the whole presentation got cancelled…oh well.

But turns out Eva isn’t my problem at all. My current angry "angel on hellfire" mood is because of that fucking investor.

It’s like there’s no value for the work which I managed to get done in such a short time. I wonder what was so important that he bailed at the last minute.

Okay why am I even wasting my time thinking about someone I don’t even know? It beats me…really.

I didn’t have anything else to do so I took the day off just like Eva. Eva said she has plans with her boyfriend so I really didn’t want to be the third wheel and decided going back home would be the best remedy for my almost zombie like state.

Ring….ring….ring….

To say I’m annoyed would be an understatement.

“Hello?”

“Happy valentine’s day babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

Okay. Wow. It’s past midnight already and I actually forgot about v-day.

“Really? What an arrogant jerk!”

“Yeah. Aren’t all the clients?”

You see? This is why Lucia and I are best friends.

She is always there for me in both my happy as well as dark days. We stayed together for a while, celebrating all these lovey-dovey days, bitching about boys, watching sappy romance movies and doing do many cool stuff until she had to move out for her higher studies last year.

Yeah I was heartbroken definitely so to recover from that I became a workaholic (sometimes when there’s nothing left to do I end up cleaning my house, cooking or visit the gym). But I’m really glad that she remembered this day and called me.

“Babe so I was thinking something?”

And whenever Lucy says this be prepared to get the shock of your life.

“Andd?”

“Welll….today is Friday right?”

“Yeah?”