❃Tie It Up In A Bow❃

Back at the hospital, December 1960

It was the morning that (Y/n) was released from the hospital. She was given her clothes. A nice collared shirt and that damned green skirt. She was also handed the keys to her car, which were cautiously held. Understandably, the girl was uneasy with the idea of driving after the accident.

So, she walked home. There was some light snowfall, so it wasn't a big deal to take a small walk anyways.

As soon as they woke up, the boys got ready to visit (Y/n) at the hospital. They were lucky, though. Instead of just missing her, they practically ran right into the girl.

Unbeknownst to her, their plan was already in action. John wasn't there, although he was the one (Y/n) truly longed to see the most.

Instead, he was at the Wirral Way, a beautiful outdoor park, setting up a lovely surprise for her, and thinking about what he could possibly say to make everything up to her.

Instead of driving her there, Paul offered to walk her, and George drove off, presumably somewhere important.

Paul escorted (Y/n) to the park, telling her about how awful John had felt about cheating, because once it was too late, he realized all he really wanted to be with was her.

But, the girl wasn't really convinced, so she inquired further as to how often he would be "out" and how the rest of them reacted. They finally reached the park. She just felt conflicted. She needed to talk to John, having the feeling that's who she would be speaking to shortly.

George was standing at the entrance, waiting for (Y/n).

"Well you look mighty familiar," she joked.

"Don't we all," George smiled.

They walked through the park. It was filled with blending trees and gorgeous flowers, all topped with a bit of white snow. George pointed out all of the different of branches and strains of flower, describing how to plant and take care of them.

The trees seemed to bend and tower overhead, forming a railway of branches and leaves. They approached a lone tree. She saw a blanket in it, interwoven with its thin, dark branches.

Most importantly, she saw John.

He was setting up adjusting a record player next to him, on a soft quilted blanket. Wait, how did he get a record player out here? Then she saw the orange extension cord running out from under said blanket and into his car. She also saw a small pot of flowers. It looked like the one she made in class with him, a long time ago.

John looked so, sad. (Y/n) was still upset with him, but felt a pang of sympathy anyway. She forced it down, thinking that she can't let a little gesture like this get to her.

But, it was all so planned out and sweet... She was conflicted with old thoughts and new.

"Well, this is it," George said. "Do you need a minute?" he looked into her eyes.

It was as if time stopped. Every memory, every action taken, every word spoken.

She could feel the cold air around her, the snowflakes falling onto her hands, the smell of petrichor from the pools of melting snow, seeping into the ground below her. She blinked.

(Y/n) felt uncertain, but it was if her limbs made the decision for her. She walked towards John.

They talked for hours. John brought cocoa for her in a thermos as it was getting colder. She asked every question she possibly could, and then some. John was just happy that (Y/n) was alive and didn't suffer any brain damage.

Everything he took for granted could be so easily taken away, and it was one of the worst things that had ever happened to him.

They agreed to give things a chance one last time. John has no money for something as extravagant as a ring to symbolize this promise, but he had a red ribbon. (Y/n) smiled at the modest gesture. She truly loved him.

The ribbon was cut in half. It was thin and silky, with a little lace lining on its edges. They were tied into little bracelets for each other, bows at the end of the two knots.

He asked her to go steady with him. For real this time. He made a promise, and he would be damned if he didn't stick to it this time. So, as one may have guessed, of course she said yes.

well, did you like it? pls comment or vote or whatever idk. i worked really hard on this one and i hope it shows !! do you have any suggestions for future books ??? let me know ! >:D

The picture is of a picnic set in a vintage-styling, complete with soda bottles and a record player. I do not own the pictures, I only edited them.