Chapter 2

Jack Fenton was the first to wake up. He glanced over to the other couch.
His wife and son were snuggled up. He checked his watch. 8:49 am. Jazz wouldn't be home for another few hours. She was staying at a friend's house. He decided to take a quick shower before he woke Maddie up.

Danny turned from his side to his back. All of a sudden it got cold so he snuggled up in his blanket. He ached everywhere. His head hurt and all he wanted to do was sleep.

Everything about last night was a blur. He remembered bits and pieces, and the pain.

Maddie sighed. "What has he been doing Jack? You saw all those scars."

Crap, Danny thought. He forgot about his scars.

"I don't know, you don't think, he has been hunting ghosts do you? It would explain how he got his scars and why he has gotten so strong and bulked up." Jack suggested.

"Why wouldn't he tell us though? Do you think Phantom did this to him? That menace will pay and once we catch him we will tear him apart molecule by molecule!" Maddie was about to storm out of the house but Jack caught her shoulder.

"Mads, Danny needs his Mom right now, not a ghost hunter."

Let's just say Maddie was shocked, she had never heard her husband say something so - so meaningful.

"You're right." she agreed.

Maddie shook her son awake.

"Danny?" she sighed. "Danny, come on honey you need to get up."

Danny groaned. "5 more minutes Mom."

She sighed again. "You said that 5 minutes ago."

He slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"You hungry?" she smiled.

"No." he replied and rubbed the back of his neck. Why was he nervous?

"You need to eat something." She placed a plate of toast on his lap. "Just try and eat some alright?"

"Fine." He shoved a piece in his mouth.

Maddie sat at the kitchen table.
She gave a concerned look at Jack. "Something isn't right, he's hiding something."

"I know." Jack sighed.

"He won't tell us though." Maddie glanced in the living room. Danny had fallen asleep.

"I'm home!" Jazz announced. She was greeted by her father with his finger to his lips and his hand pointing over to her sleeping brother.

"What happened?" she whispered. Jack gestured into the kitchen where his wife was sitting.

They had just told Jazz the events that had happened. Her eyes began drifting towards the living room door.

"I'm gonna go and check on him." She smiled. She lightly put her hand on Danny's shoulder and began shaking him awake. "Danny?"

"Mhm?" He sleepily opened his eyes to find his sister.

"Who was it?" she asked.

"Skulker." he yawned.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here for you, you must have been frightened. At least Mom and Dad half bought your story, but you can't keep your secret forever. You want me to call Sam and Tuck and tell them what happened?"

"Yeah sure." he said, stretching his arms. He instantly regretted it when he began aching everywhere again.

"Jazz?" Danny said as she was about to leave the room.

"Yes?" she turned.

Danny cleared his throat. "I will tell them, just not yet. I'm not ready for them to know."

Jazz ruffled his hair. "Alright little bro, I understand."