0.2

🎵thinking 2 much - Jeremy Zucker🎵

A girl of small stature sits quietly on a bench with her nose nuzzled in a book, submerging herself in the story unfolding in her hands. She taps along to the beat of the music in her ears and reads the words in tempo with the song.

She was so distracted by her activities that she did not notice the boy admiring her from the other side of the bench.

He had been quietly sitting there with a ghost of a smirk on his lips as he watched her bob her head behind her book.

He found it amusing how she could do both at the same instance.

There was a time way back then, before everything went to shit, when if he approached her she would quickly look at him with a smile on her face and drop everything she was doing, and if he was in her position he would do the same thing too. But times have changed and so have their feelings.

He doesn't exactly know why he sat himself in front of her in the first place. He was actually supposed to be headed into the main office to fix something up but then he saw her from afar, all alone, minding her own business just like usual.

Perhaps it was just a habit of his to be near her since he's done it so many times before.

Perhaps he just misses her but was just denying the fact that he did.

The boy sighs and stands up.

The girl notices a shadow screen over the words on her page. She looks up and freezes as she recognizes who is standing before her.

She calmly gathers her things but the boy stops her.

"No, it's fine, I was just about to leave anyway." His words are sullen but he covers it with a small smile.

She can see through it though and can't help but feel guilty for her rash actions.

"Morning you two."

Another boy enters the scene.

The girl quietly sits back down, flustered by the whole situation.

The new boy sits beside his friend and looks up at him.

"Aren't you going to sit?"

The boy looks down at the girl, who has quickly hidden her face behind her book, and back at his friend who was still looking up at him with a grin.

"No, I was actually just about to-"

"Don't be ridiculous, Jacob." his friend yanks him back down on the bench, "It's too early to be inside." He says with an impish smile.

Jacob knew what his so called friend was up to.

Bastard.

He grits his teeth and looks at his friend straight in the eyes.