7

I was going to step outside when Jeremy stopped me and whispered in my ear, "Try to stay behind me as much as you can. And just agree with whatever Julian says."

So they have not abandoned me yet.

That's good. I was not sure how I would deal with a bunch of zombies. I mean, I have read enough books to know I need to chop a zombie's head down in order to kill him, but easier said than done.

I followed Jeremy outside where others were sitting on sofas comfortably, just like some guests who came to wish you Christmas.

Around them, many bodies lead all around the room, as a fight had taken place here. How come I missed all the noise? Not possible. Was that room soundproof? Or someone did something I have no clue about?

Julian saw us and stood up from his place. What a well-manned guy!

All of the people who were sitting stood up along him, except for Mr. Creepy scary guy.

I am surprised to see that remaining two zombies are so well manned, if they all are what I think they are, zombies.

The Mr. Creepy scary ill manned guy's eyes have returned to normal but this doesn't change that fact that he is still scary and creepy. And the way he looks at me gives me chills.

He started glaring at me while staring straight in my eyes.

I am afraid, of course, any person in their right mind will be afraid, but I am not willing to let him see my horrified side. Instead, I started glaring back at him. This is making him angry and me happy.

When it becomes clear that neither of us is going to quit, Julian interfered, "As you might have already sensed, she is my mate. So you better leave the topic and get your ass out of my house, Mike. And do take your minions with you."

The first thing that shocked me was Julian's tone. It was totally different from when he talked to me before. It was not a melody, it was scary and terrifying. What happened to that smooth and calming voice?

The second thing was the use of the word 'mate'. Mate like the real 'mates' I have read about in books and novels? The true soul mate of a werewolf and vampires? That mate? Me?

If he thinks I am the one he thinks I am, then he might not be the one I was thinking he was. Or do hunters also have mates? I am not sure about that.

But one thing for sure, Julian fully believes in whatever he is saying. He is not lying. I have no idea since when I have become a human lie detector but here it is.

My gut is telling me he is not wrong, even then to accept the fact that I have a 'mate' is so not easy. I, who have never been in a relationship before, simply because I was so occupied by other normal stuff like finding who my family is and dealing with the voice. I am even more scared about being committed to someone. But the mere thought that I will be loved and cherished by someone is also intriguing.

I was deep in my thoughts when that Mr. Creepy scary ill-manned guy stood up and spoke in his husky voice, "But she is a human."

No shit Sherlock. I know I am a human, thank you very much for your not-so-necessary confirmation.

"That is my business. Now leave." Julian ordered him in the same scary tone.

"She killed my people and if you take her side, you will be labeled as a traitor also and will be treated with the same punishment as that of a captured hunter. And you know that is not pretty. Not even your vampire king father will be able to protect you. Not as he cares." Mr. Creepy scary ill-manned guy said on top of his lungs.

Julian is not a zombie hunter. He is a vampire prince. That means he is a vampire. I am the mate of a vampire. And not just any vampire, the son of the vampire king. Not even in a single book that I have read so far, I have seen a kind-hearted vampire king. They are always cruel.

This is not good. What have I gotten myself into? Ok ok ok Rose calm down. Rambling like this is not going to help anyone. Think. I need to think. And for that, I need to calm down. Take deep breaths, they always work. Deep breaths.

As I was just trying to figure out what's what, the front door opened. A group of four entered the house, one of them was a woman, who looks to similar to someone I know really well. I couldn't believe what I am seeing until I saw him in the group, the only other person in this room I know of.

Jeremy pushed me behind him, trying to protect me from people I think won't hurt me.

And then one of Julian's guy commanded them, "Get the hell out of our house". His tone was really scary too but not as scary as Julian's.

However, none moved until one of them said, "Not without taking what's ours" his tone was as dangerous as the other guy.

Rest of them were just standing in their positions staring me. Only me.

I, on the other hand, can't take my eyes off him.

When the members of Julian's team lost their patience and was just going to attack the newly arrived group, I called him, saying the only word that was on my mind at that time.

"Zee."