Twenty Seven

The words, wake up, or I'm going to fart in your face, especially when strung together to create a sentence, from my brother, is what I've always wanted to wake up to. It's so much personal than, darling sister please awake, or something just as sweet and sensitive.

I don't move, too comfortable - which is a word I never thought I'd use when talking about a hospital bed. That changes the instant I feel the mattress dip behind me and clearly Jordan wasn't just making threats.

"Do, and I will make sure you're not capable of farting, ever, again!" I snap, forcing my eyes open.

It's dark, and rolling over, I hit his legs. Light from outside the door filters through making it possible to see something and his goofy face grins down at me. 

"I'm here to rescue you!"

"From what?" I yawn.

"Boredom mostly, but well, Dracula escaped I reckon he'll becoming here because he left a message on the wall saying bye baby bunting and-" he paused, taking a deep breath, "and Ron sent some Slayers upstairs to keep watch over the hospital and he wouldn't have done that if-"

"Jordan, slow down. You're rambling like a lunatic, but did you say Drac got out?" I'm wide awake now.

"Yeah. Big mess." He manages to speak in something resembling a sentence now. "Like that underground attack, but worse. We really fucked up guessing their numbers. They've been planning this for a while."

"And you want to leave here?"

"Yeah. He knows you're here, some of the Slayers told him before he killed them. It's recorded on the camera that was outside his cell."

"And so why are we still here?" I scramble of bed and run over the wardrobe, finding actual clothes rather than pajama's and my shoes.

"They think he won't, apparently it's too obvious and Ron set up a guard anyway cause that clearly worked out well at the Council." Jordan sits on the edge of the bed as Alfie wakes up.

"When did this happen?" I demand.

"About four hours ago, they're going to tell you in the morning."

Looking at the clock, it's just gone one in the morning and I guess if the rest of the gang think he won't be here tonight, telling me in the morning makes sense. Alfie yawns, before lifting his chin in front of Jordan who obliges and gives him a scratch.

"If he doesn't come here and attack first?" I confirm.

"Pretty much." Jordan nods.

"So what's your plan then?"

"Use this guy to get out here. We could go back to the Academy, he'd never get out there before dawn."

"Why don't the others do that then?" I can't believe they'd let me sit here as, bait?

"One, I already told you. They don't think he will attack. Two, he might be able to use his witches to track any magic used to move you. Three, if we move you, something might happen and you'd run for it." He gave me a look and I rolled my eyes.

"Every time I do something everyone doesn't agree with, I have a reason." I argue.

"Sure, to give Dad more grey hair and push him one step closer to a heart attack is a great reason Elliephant."

"What ever," I hesitate, "I dunno about just getting out of here Jord. Zane is going to be pissed. Mum and Dad will probably end up chaining me to the bed and Logan, well, I'm pretty sure he will actually kill me."