Chapter 19

Shiva...

The days were fabulous and every minute i was carving for her. You heard me. I was truly madly deeply in love with my wife. Sounds pathetic but i am no poet to write what i actually feel for her. She was a fire a phoenix who is born from the own ashes and i was happy to turn into ashes in her fire. Ever since i realised what i felt i was longing to confess to her, but there comes a big but. What if she says she never thought of me like that, Will i be able to handle that ?? Ofcourse not. 

She hated drinking, so i stopped. She hated smoking i stopped that either. I couldn't think of any girl other than my sathya. My trance was broken when i found her with the heavy shopping bags and crashing on the sofa with her bags still in the hand. 

"I'm gonna murder Prakash for god sake..." she breathed dramatically making me chuckle. She hates shopping which was a shocking news to me. I knew girls love to go for shopping but she was one of her kind. Tomorrow is the engagement of Prakash and Jubi or should say hockey queen. I kept the name coz she would thrash Prakash whenever he tries to flirt with any woman other than her. Still she knew he was kidding and he knew it is always her for him. 

I pulled her leg and gave her toes a small massage. She moaned in satisfaction and i chuckled. Then i threw my head up and laughed when she kept her other leg on my thigh demanding me to massage them. Her request is my demand isn't it.

She dossed off in the sofa and i slowly took the bags from her hold and placed them on the tea table and with no sound i pulled her to my chest and picked her up in a bridal style. She snuggled in me and slept in peace. Placing her on the bed i kissed her forehead lightly but made sure i am not disturbing her at all. 

Morning was blissful when i found my love snuggling and sleeping. Without disturbing her i woke up and went out for a morning jog. It became my routine. Waking up before she would wake up so that she might think we were sleeping separately. Then go for a jog then have some tea with Sekar uncle and then walk back home when it was time for me to start for the day. 

After the jog Sekar uncle was sitting in the lawn and sipping his tea. He has recovered tremendously. Smiling at me he greeted me. "Good morning uncle." i said sipping the tea which was really good more better than what ever Sathya does. Damn she is a pathetic cook. If i say that in front of her i am so dead.

"So how is the preparation for the engagement is going ??" he asked me folding the news paper. "All done uncle. Everything is perfect." He smiled and held my hand in his wrinkled hands. 

"You know i thought you would never be good to my princess but you proved me wrong. I just want you to take care of her. She may pretend strong, tough but she is really a wrecked , vulnerable and broken. She can't stand for another heart break. I know one thing for sure, you would take care of her like i did. All i ask for just promise me never ever leave her side ever again. Never make her alone again. She had faced enough. From the sky high to the rock bottom. Will you promise me that ??" I squeezed his hand and nodded my head. But something inside felt it is as if a good bye from him. 

"Uncle don't you want to play with your grand kids ?? Why are you speaking as if it is a good bye from you ??" 

He smiled and said " Life is temporary Shiva, No one would know what the next minute has got for us, and i felt i wanted to say that to you. You have promised me young man, always keep that up and protect my princess."

I nodded and said "she would be the queen uncle i promise. " he smiled and his eyes glittered with unshed tears. Walking in i found Sathya with Vivek which is now making me roll my eyes. He was really close to her these days and she would always laugh at him like as if they were long lost buddies. Something pricked my heart. A pinch of jealous. I was terribly jealous when she is all happy around Prakash and Vivek but when it's me she still asks me to find a girl for myself to settle down. That was really irritating me. I wrapped my hands around her waist and made her sit on the table.