CHAPTER 10

Cassie stood before him, dressed in a light blue sheath dress, hugging her body, showing off her curves. Before he lost control, he took her hand, kissed it and murmured, "You look beautiful."

Then tugging her forward, he closed the cabin door and walked towards his car. Helping her inside and driving of to their destination.

Reaching their destination, all Cassie could see was a few laterns lighting a path into the darkness, turning to him, she asked, "Are you going to kill me?" Her voice laced with slight humour.

"No." He chuckled.

Getting out, rounding his car, opening the door for her, taking her hand, he led them down the lit path. Reaching the end, she was stunned. A table and two chairs wet set on a platform. The table beautifully set for two, the laterns giving off a romantic light, bushes of flowers surrounded them, water cascaded nearby.

"Do you like it?" His tone nervous.

"I love it." She whispered, trying not to break the magical surroundings.

Taking her hand, he led them to the table, seating down. Waiters appeared out of nowhere, serving them silently and bowing their heads, retreating into the background.

They ate and chatted, getting to know each other, while low music played, different courses of food served.

All the while, their conversations continued, creating a bond.

Before Cassie knew it, they had finished eating, then moved to a picnic blanket, underneath a willow tree. Max sat down, leaning against a tree, pulling her down towards him, tucking her near him, one arm wrapped around her, the other holding her hand, him looking down at their intertwined hands, softly caressing.

Looking at him, Cassie saw that he seemed tense and nervous. "What is wrong?" Worried, she shifted positions, straddling his lap, taking his face and looking into his eyes, seeing how they expressed different emotions, but most of all, the one emotion that stood out was fear. "Tell me," brushing her lips across his.

"I'm scared... I'm so scared, that what I want to tell you, will make you reject us." Max said, holding her tightly. "But, for us to have a relationship, I don't want any lies between us."

Taking a deep breath, he decided to approach it differently.

Moving Cassie slightly back, he asked, "Do you believe in soulmates?" She responded, "I guess...I mean, I saw it with my parents, a few close friends and I had hoped deep down that I would one day find mine."

"Well for me, I know that their is only one to be destined for me. My other half, the one made for me. Someone to love, cherish, protect for all eternity." Looking at her, he continued, "I have been searching for ages, looking for her. The one, who will make me whole."

"And have found her?' she asked.

"Yes." He responded. "But, you got to understand, without her I'm nothing!"

Closing his eyes, he took another deep breath, inhaling her scent, calming himself and his beast.

Opening his eyes, looking directly at her, "I'm am what they call a shifter or more to be exact, a Lycan. We only have one soulmate, one created for us. And that person is you. When I found you, my soul became whole, all we wanted to do is claim you and bind ours souls for eternity. But, we realized, you were human, so there is a higher chance you wouldn't believe us. We couldn't stay away and your responses to the bond, have made us hope." He stated, watching her intensely, glad she wasn't pushing him away.

Taking her hand he lay it flat on his chest, "My heart only beats for you. No, other will do. I will love you forever and always remain faithful to you... please, give us a chance." He whispered towards the end, praying to the Moon Goddess, that she won't reject them.

Cassie watched as her hand lay on his chest, feeling his strong heartbeat, feeling a sense of calm.

"Show me your Lycan!" She asked, looking up to him...