4| 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘰 𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘢𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵

・ 。゚☆: *

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.
4| The Weirdo on Maple Street
・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.

IT ALL HAPPENED QUICKLY. Before we knew it, we were all in Mike's basement, surrounding the mysterious girl we found in the woods who now sat on the couch. She had Mike's khaki colored jacket on. She looked so lost and completely helpless. It warmed my heart a bit to see that Mike took her in so easily. She sat there, staring at us like a lost puppy. But then again, there we were, staring at her, it's not everyday you see a girl with a shaved head walking around in an oversized t-shirt, unless she had cancer of course, but the choice of clothes.......

-"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asks kindly.

The girl gives him a confused look and then looks at me.

-"What he means is, is that we can contact, or uh, communicate with your parents and tell them where you are. And the number is just a combination of, well, numbers." I try to explain.

The girl doesn't really seem to follow. In fact, I don't even think that she's ever heard of a phone.

-"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asks his curiosity boat taking off. I could tell that he was already forming even more questions to ask the poor girl.

-"Did you run away?" Lucas asks cautiously.

Now that sounds more logical.....

-"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike tries to to speak to the girl by taking a more calmer approach than the others.

-"Is that blood?" Lucas points to the dried up blood that can be seen under her nose. His finger comes close to her face and she jumps back a little like a scared bunny.

-"Stop it! You're freaking her out!" Mike defends as he slaps Lucas's hand away.

-"She's freaking me out!" Lucas defends himself.

I roll my eyes at Lucas and look back the girl. Now she's giving us a confused look and to be honest, I've never felt more unhelpful in my life.

Mike leaves from where he's standing and goes over to a corner of the basement. Dustin looks at Lucas and I before making the most outrageous statement I've ever heard so far.

-"I bet she's deaf." He tells us with raised brows.

-"Dustin why would you think that?! She's clearly reacting to everything we're saying if you haven't noticed." I exclaim while putting my hands up in confusion.

He then snaps his fingers in front of her face and she jumps back a little.

-"Not deaf," The curly haired boy mumbles to himself as he racks his brain for other ideas.

-"All right guys, come on." I say in hopes of calming the two boys down. They seemed more freaked out than her.

-"Stella's right. That's enough, alright." Mike adds looking everyone in the eye.