Chapter 16: Dodgeball Massacre

CS (chapter song)
~ I Will Surivive ~ 
By: Gloria Gaynor

I'm still recovering from what happened yesterday. Wow...now that I think of it, my life's pretty screwed up. I really thought Dylan was into me but I guess I was wrong.

I was all ready for school and was just waiting for my dear brother to come down from his den. Finally what seemed like years, he came down and we headed for his car. We got in and we were on our way to school. It was silent at first before Aaron broke the silence.

"Hey...are you mad at Dylan?" He asks turning to me.

"Well..." I start as I stare out the window. "Just a bit but I understand. People tend to use me, you know? I'm just one little speck of dirt on the side of the road who no one gives a damn to."

"No. Stop. No one has the right to use you. I'm your older brother and I won't let that happen."

"Then why did you let Dylan do that to me?" I ask a little frustrated as I turn to face him.

"Well-"

"Oh and what about Kale, huh?" I could already feel tears sting my eyes as I mention his name. "He used me, too."

Aaron sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Just listen to me. I had a talk with Dylan about his quote-on-quote plan. I told him specifically that this would probably come with major consequences, like this for instance." He looks at me then returns his gaze to the road. "I told him it was a shitty move but guess what? He didn't listen. Dylan was obsessed with Cassie ever since he laid his eyes on her." Cassie, I guess that's her name... "And as for Kale, he's a douche-bag. Whenever you come across someone like him, you have to tell me. Got it?" I nod. "Who knows what I'll do to the unlucky bitch. He'll probably leave the fight with no dick." I chuckle and Aaron smiles at me. At least he attempted to cheer me up. "Are we on the same level here? Are you good?" I smile weakly and nod. Well then...

~

I turn down the hall and walk toward the gym. Physical Education. I wouldn't like to be considered a jock nor an athletic person. Yes, yes, I know I was in the track team a few years ago but look at me now. I'm a fat louzy pig that's addicted to Batman and likes funnel cakes. Yup...my life sucks...

I push open the door and walk into the girl's locker room and see Victoria leaning against her locker texting someone . "Hey, Vic!" I greet her. She hastily puts her phone away and snaps her head up and looks at me.

"O.M.G. I thought you were a teacher." Victoria says clutching her chest as she releases a relieved breath. 

I roll my eyes and walk over to my locker. As I opened it I asked, "Who are you texting by the way?"

"Oh uh nobody." She says as she looks down at the ground.

I change into my gym clothes and look at her. "Oh suuurre..." 

"I'm serious. It was uh just m-my mom." She smiles innocently.

"It better not be a mystery guy you're secretly dating behind my back." I say as I roll my eyes.

Victoria's head snaps up. "Pfft...no..."

"Mmhmm..."

We walk into the gym. Our P.E. teacher, Mr. Harris, is waiting patiently in the middle of the room. Victoria and I join the crowd of students and wait for him to speak.

"Hello fellow students!" His loud voice booms over us. I wince but continue listening. "Today, we're going to play a common strategy game." Shoot...I have a feeling it's- "Dodgeball." I groan and rub my face with my hands. "We should all know this game and I am expecting that all of you participate. I don't want any of that dilly-dallying. That drives me nuts." He pauses and continues. "Anyway, I'll be splitting you up in two groups: Group 1 and Group 2. Form a line and I'll section you off." We form into a line and Mr. Harris starts from the end of the line.