Chapter I - The Beheaded Queen

England, 1526

The bed was shaking with sweaty Anne moving all around it. She keeps chanting as she is holding her neck.

'No...No...Please'

The door in her bedroom opens abruptly with her panicking maid, Lola. Lola is so worried with her lady shouting. 'I bet it is a nasty nightmare' Lola thought. She was near Anne when she tried to shake her, attempting to wake Anne from her nightmare which started to occur when they got back from France.

"My Lady....Lady Anne.. Please wake up." Lola said.

Anne sharply open her black doe eyes, sit up in the bed, still holding her neck as she tried to normalize her heavy breathing. Lola went to the table beside the bed to get the water.

"Here, My Lady, drink some water."

Anne was so terrified of what she thought a nightmare but it is so real. As she looked around, she noticed that she is in her old bedroom. 'Why am I here? I should be in my bedchamber in Palace.'

"What year it is?" She asked Lola.

Lola confusingly look at her, trying to figure out if Lady Anne if joking.

"It's 1526, My Lady."

Anne eyes widen with realization. It is the year when she returned from France.

'What is happening? Why I am here? I know I should be dead.  I was beheaded.  What is happening?' A lot of questions. 'If this is 1526, no Henry and Elizabeth.  Elizabeth, my heart.' 

Anne wept as she realized she was given a chance.  A chance where she cannot be a whore Queen, she cannot be a wife beheaded by her husband, who cheated on her.  A life where there's no Elizabeth.

"My daughter."  She continue to cry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne walked gracefully to their dining room where she found her Father, Thomas Boleyn, her mother, and sister Mary. She sat on the right hand of her father. They all started to eat when Thomas asked how was her stay in France.

''It's good, Father. Queen Claude has been gracious to me. I have mastered my French and read many books. " Anne said without any enthusiasm.

"Are you well, Anne?'' Mary asked her. Mary can tell that something is bothering her sister.

Anne just smile a bit to her sister, she want to at ease her sister but she knew she failed.

''She is just nervous because of her first debut in English court. That will be tomorrow. You need to fetch your dress with your mother." Her father said.

"Yes, dear. I know you'll meet fine gentlemen." Her mother smilingly told her.

Anne was stilled in her position as she knows that tomorrow she will see her husband who betrayed and abandoned her.

The flashback started the day she first meet King Henry VIII, her husband who have expiring love for her.

The music sensual music was playing in the background when Anne caught the eyes of King Henry VIII. She was dancing gracefully and all the gentlemen's eyes are glued to her. Whispering who is this fine lady with raven hair, she's full of life and she makes the whole room shines brighter.

Anne took her turn and her eyes meet Henry's captivating blue eyes. She was smitten but she was to be a lady, a lady who knows her worth.

"Who's that lady in blue dress?" Henry asked James Fitzoy, the Marquis of Warrick.

''Fascinating, isn't she, My Lord? She's Lady Anne Boleyn, daughter of Lord Thomas Boleyn. I heard this is her first debut and she just come back from France to complete her education." James replied to the King, he cannot also remove his eyes from the lady in blue. Praying that King won't take interest in her so he can pursue the lady.

Henry didn't reply. He just watched Lady Anne from afar and he wanted to tear all the gentlemen who's looking at her.

Anne bowed down as she finished the dance. She loves dancing, it pumps her blood and she's really good at it.

"It's so hot in here." Anne wanted a fresh air and went to the balcony of the palace where the event took place. She sneaks out and deeply breathe.

"It's so beautiful", Anne whispered as watch the stars and moon from the balcony. She didn't notice that someone is lurking on the shadows, watching her intently.

"Not as you, My Lady."

Anne jumped in surprise as he heard the baritone voice of the stranger. She was surprised to see King Henry when the light illuminate the king's face.

"Your Majesty." She smiled and bowed to the King.

"What's the lady doing here? Are you not enjoying your first debut?"

"Everything is great, Your Majesty. I just need fresh air." Anne said trying to compose herself with the nerves of getting close to the king, never in her thoughts that she's worthy of king's attentions. "You have lovely ballroom, abundant food and great music which really reflect you, Your Grace." She smiled, loving the attention she's getting.

The music turn to upbeat and easy to jive which mirror Anne personality. Henry wanted to dance with her, to feel Anne in his arms.

"May I dance with you, My Lady" Henry held his right hand to Anne.

"It's my honor, My King"

They went on the center of ballroom and sway along with the music. It seems all is fading away except from the two of them. They talk and dance along the night, not paying attention in their surrounding.

The king was enchanted by her.

That night, Henry vowed to himself that he will do everything to make Anne his, forever. He'll be damned if not.

''You'll be mine, Lady Anne." Henry whispered to Anne as he kissed her ear.

Her heart is beating erratically. Yes, she was attracted to the King but she has principles. She won't be anyone's mistress, not even the king.

"Anne?" Mary called her, "Are you sure you are well? You keep spacing out and I heard your screaming at night. Must be a really bad nightmare."

"No need to worry. I am well." She assured her sister.

All she needs to do is to distance herself to Henry, to save her heart, her life and her daughter.

She prayed to God to give her strength to face her husband.

She will fight to live.

She needs to choose a different route.