ten

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻
𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘼𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 ]

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘼𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 ]

▂▂▂▂

MADISON GLANCED DOWN THE HALLWAY and towards the kitchen, "Max, I'm gonna go."

Before Madison could reach the front door, Max had already rushed out of the kitchen and stopped her, "Hold on. Why? Where are you gonna go?"

"Back to my dad's." Madison told him, "I shouldn't have come here tonight, you shouldn't have lied for me."

"I told you why I did."

"But you shouldn't have." Madison repeated, "You aren't that person, I shouldn't have let you do that."

"So, you'd tell them the truth?" He asked.

"I... there -- " She stumbled, "I was with my brother, I could've told them that, now you've made it worse."

"Woah, wait," Max frowned, "are we arguing?"

"No, no, we're not." Madison exhaled, "I'm just -- I'll call you later."

"Madi, you can't just come here and leave five minutes later." He sighed, pleadingly looking into her eyes, "Please, tell me what's going on."

"Like I said, I'll call you." Madison responded and then she headed for the door and walked out of it before Max could stop her again.

After calling another taxi, she'd made it to Nate's apartment. She'd only gone there to collect her stuff. Madison entered her dad's apartment. He was standing in the kitchen and his head shot in the direction of the door when she entered. He rushed towards her in surprise.

"You're back." Nate said, a worried look was spread across his face, "The police came about your car being stolen, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Madison bluntly replied, walking past him.

Nate turned to face her, concerned, "What happened?"

"Does it matter?" She asked, heading towards the bedroom where her bag of clothes were.

"Of course it does." Nate frowned, "Talk to me, Madi."

Madison stopped in the bedroom doorway and turned to face him with a stern look, "We will talk when you decide to tell me why exactly you wrote a cheque to Alison DiLaurentis."

Nate's face fell completely at her words, she inhaled a disappointed breath but she knew it was the only way for him to stop bothering her. She collected her bag and then left the apartment again without another word from either of them.

▂▂▂▂

Madison had found her way to a twenty-four hour cafe. She'd been in there for atleast four hours. She had her blank laptop screen infront of her and an empty coffee cup beside it. Her bag of belongings sat next to her in the booth, and she was tempted to use it as a pillow to sleep, but then she realised she couldn't even sleep.

"Hon, are you okay?" Someone asked. Madison glanced up to see an elderly waitress beside her, staring at the clock that read two-twenty a.m, "You've been here a while."

The brunette glanced to the coffee jug in her hand, "I'll just take another coffee, thanks."

"Why don't you go home and have a rest?" The waitress suggested.

"I don't have a home." Madison mumbled, "Not anymore."

"Were you kicked out?" She asked.

"Look, I have no obligation to answer any of your questions." Madison snapped. She pressed her eyes shut and calmed herself, "Can I please just get some coffee?"

The waitress fell silent before she poured some of the hot liquid into the empty coffee cup infront of Madison. The brunette took in a breath before sighing as she met the waitresses gaze, "I'm sorry, I'm just trying to think."

"Over thinking kills your happiness." The waitress told her, which surprised her. She cautiously analyzed Madison's face, "Just don't let it change you."

Madison curiously watched the waitress leave before she pondered on that thought. Her thinking was killing her happiness, and her thinking was about toxic people in her life.

To gain back my sanity, I must kill what's destroying my happiness, she thought, but where do I begin?

Madison began to create a list in her mind, full of the people that had been ruining her life recently. There was far too many, but the biggest threat was A. She knew that wasn't an option because she had no clue who A was, so she had to start somewhere else.

There was Miles, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Ezra's mom, but how would she deal with her?

And then her thoughts fell on Ezra, someone she never for a second thought would be a problem in her life.

He was the one person that had always been there for her, through everything, but now her thoughts were twisting, he was becoming a different person in her eyes. His mom and dad were both toxic, so what was to stop him from being toxic too?

She had nobody to talk to about any of this. Aria wouldn't believe her at all, she didn't want to burden Hanna or involve Caleb, Max was not an option, her mom and dad she didn't want to talk to. Spencer and Emily still seemed to hate her. Jason was a no-go. Joe probably hated her too.

There was nobody.

And she had nowhere to go.

She sighed and mumbled to herself, "Maybe if I could just like rob a bank or something, I could actually have a place to live on my own."

And then something clicked in her brain, an idea. An evil idea but one that would help her situation, and nobody would ever know. Madison exhaled and smiled to herself.

Madison waited until dawn before she packed up her belongings and left the cafe. With her bag on her shoulder, she headed back into the town of Rosewood and towards a tall building of apartments.

She stopped outside and scanned the surrounding area, checking a certain car had gone from it's usual space, it had. Madison smiled to herself before she rushed into the building and up to an apartment.

Madison pulled out a set of keys from her bag and unlocked the door. She opened it slowly and cautiously, scanning the dark living room. Madison headed inside and shut the door.

The brunette rushed towards Ezra's drawers and pulled one open. She quickly rummaged through his socks until she reached the bag of money that was still at the bottom. Hundreds of it.

Her eyes widened at the sight of all the money and her mind raced through everything she could do with that amount of cash.

She unzipped the bag and began to pull several notes out, but before she could stuff them into her bag a creaking noise of the floor stopped her.

Madison turned and her eyes widened at the man now standing infront of her, "And what do we have here?"

Author Note -
Uh oh, who caught Madison?

Sorry for lack of updates, I've been doing so much overtime at work :(
(which is also why this chapter is short)