Chapter 22

Dedicated to CrownPrincessSushi because why not? Hope you love this!

-- Yuki :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Tony was happy to watch as Percy ran to his room to change into his favorite Finding Nemo shirt and khaki shorts. The kid had gone through a lot and the genius was glad that the child wasn't hurt enough not to find a reason to smile. Finding out the stuff about Steve, James, Howard, and Maria? It would mess anyone up. Tony still couldn't look Steve in the eye.

When the temperature in the room changed and an odd buzz was felt, Tony didn't react. He had experienced it enough to know what it was. "You're different."

The Stark sighed and rolled his eyes, "And you're annoying." He turned and frowned at Loki, crossing his arms, "What do you want?"

"Your child is a demigod," Loki continued like Tony didn't insult him. "A son of Poseidon, yet you do not complete your responsibilities."

"He's only six years old," Tony responded. "He's about to start school."

The god of mischief tilted his head, "That won't stop them. Think on it, Son of Stark. More is at stake than you realize."

Tony raised an eyebrow, "I know more than you think."

"And that will be your downfall."

With that, Loki left the Tower without another sound, a solemn look upon the god's face. Racing around the corner just after he disappeared was Percy, the child clutching an Iron Man backpack tightly, a sunny smile on his face.

 Racing around the corner just after he disappeared was Percy, the child clutching an Iron Man backpack tightly, a sunny smile on his face

"Daddy, Daddy!" The six year-old held up the bag proudly, "Look what Uncle Birdie gave me!"

Tony chucked at the nickname for the team's archer and grinned at the kid, "Your Uncle has good taste."

"Mmhm!" Percy nodded, "Uncle Birdie is jealous!" He looked around before whispering loudly, "He's my other favorite superhero but don't tell him." He held up his pinky, "Promise?"

The Stark laced his pinky with his and nodded solemnly, "I promise I won't tell him."

"Good! Ms. Pep says that you have to help me put stuff in here," Percy held up his bag like he thought the adult might have forgotten what he was talking about.

"Pepper's here?" Tony looked around as if the woman would appear out of nowhere.

Percy shook his head, "She was but she said she had people to talk to." He nodded, "I think she meant attack because she looked scary. Ms. Pep said to give you something?"

"Oh? What's that?" Tony asked curiously and knelt down when the kid tugged his arm. He grinned widely when the six year-old placed a clumsy kiss on his cheek, "That's nice of her."

"Yup!" Percy nodded happily. "Can I bring my book of colors to school? The one Uncle Thor got me?"

Tony nodded, "I don't see why not. We have to be quick, though. Happy will be here soon to drive us to your school. He's really excited for you."

"I get to see Mr. Happy? Yay!" The six year-old ran to the living room on the common floor to grab his coloring book and crayons from his little basket. He held one of his newest drawings tightly for a moment before taking it over to Tony. "Daddy, you won't forget about me, right? When I go to school... You won't forget me?"

"Never," Tony scooped up the child, poking him lightly on the nose. "How can I forget my favorite son?"

Percy giggled, "I'm your only son."

"And that makes you the best. Why did you think I would forget you?"

The six year-old shrugged, "My dad did." He shook his head, his smile back on his face like it was never gone in the first place, "I made this!" Percy lifted up the drawing, waving it in his dad's face.

Tony hugged Percy closely, internally angry at Poseidon for letting his son stay with that disgusting step father. The Stark put the child down, grabbing the drawing to look at it. He grinned when he saw himself and Percy, along with DUM-E, U, and Butterfingers. There were little drawings of fish, hearts, and the occasional smiley face at the corners of the paper.

"I love it," Tony said sincerely, ruffling his kid's hair. "I'll put it in a picture frame, that way I can see it when I'm in the lab."

"Yay!" Percy bounced on the balls of his feet. "Mr. JJ, is Mr. Happy here?"

"Mr. Happy has just arrived and is waiting in the garage to take you to school. Shall I let him know you are ready?"

"Yes, please!" The six year-old grinned. He put on his backpack quickly before grabbing one of Tony's hands, "Come on, come on! I wanna see Mr. Happy!"

Tony chuckled and grabbed the child's lunchbox on top of the counter, "Alright, we can go now. Did you say bye to everyone already?"

"Mmhm!" Percy nodded, "I said bye to Auntie Tasha, Uncle Birdie, Ms. Pep, Uncle Thor, Uncle Brucie, Uncle Stevie, and Jim Jam!" He listed them all off on his fingers. "I want to go to school. I wanna be the next Iron Man!"

The Stark grinned, "You'd make the best Iron Man, kiddo." He scooped up the child and carried him over to the elevator, listening as the child explained how his armor would look; blue and green with orange lasers.

--

"I don't like this," Percy whispered as he peered at the mass of children from inside the car. "Daddy, that kid is picking his nose."

Tony made a face that mirrored his kid's, "Just, uh... Try not to go near him."

"I won't. He's all icky. Oh! Look!" He pointed at a little blonde girl reading by the front doors, "Look, the book is so big! She must be really smart!"

"You should try to be her friend," Tony encouraged, grinning at how taken the small child seemed to be with the girl.

Percy nodded solemnly, "I will try but she won't want to be my friend. I'm not smart."

The Stark frowned, "You're plenty smart, Percy."

The child shook his head and pointed at the girl again, "Not like that. I can't read right."

"I know it's hard, kiddo, but with enough practice, you'll be reading like her in no time. Heck, you'll probably be better than her."

Percy looked doubtful, "She has gray eyes, Daddy. She's super duper smart."

"Well, so are you," Tony booped the kid's nose, making the child giggle. "Come on, let's go meet your teacher and make sure she's not a super villain."

That made the child perk up excitedly, "If she is, can I fight her?"

Tony chuckled, "Sure. What would you attack her with?"

"I won't fight her," Percy said. "But Ms. Pep would." He nodded seriously, "She can do anything."

The kid's statement made the Stark laugh loudly. Even Happy was chuckling from the front seat. "She can do anything. Alright, let's go. Maybe you can see if you can be that girl's friend."

Percy grinned widely, "I'll be her bestest friend! Wait and see!"

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the super long wait! I hope this chappie is super awesome for you all! In the next chapter, someone special to the fandom is going to make an appearance! Oo, exciting!

-- Yuki :D

Words: 1,118

Song: What's Up Danger (Into the Spider Verse)