Chapter 16 • Bossed Up

"You look beautiful" Ryann smiled at her friend, as the makeup artist put the finishing touches on Naj's makeup

"You look beautiful" Ryann smiled at her friend, as the makeup artist put the finishing touches on Naj's makeup. It was the day of the baby shower, and Naj was scheduled to make her arrival in the next half an hour.

The Ventura's went above and beyond for their youngest child's baby shower - renting out a huge venue that was decorated beautifully in their chosen colors of blue, silver and white.

Naj wore the all white and blue dress Ryann picked out, with a long sleek ponytail and her face beautifully done with silver glitter and a nude lip.

While she was already tired, she couldn't wait to see all of her family and friends at her baby shower.

It was now 4pm, and through Snapchat Naj could tell most of the guest had arrived and were just waiting on the mommy and daddy to be.

"Ya'll ready to go?" Kane asked, making his way into the room.

"Yeah, I'm starving" Naj complained, hopping down from the makeup chair.

Kane smiled at his girlfriend, admiring how graceful she looked. He didn't look too bad either, dressed in all white slacks and a button down along with all blue custom made Fendi sneakers.

"You look beautiful baby"

"Thank you, K"

The two shared a kiss, before Kane began to gather up her things so they could head out. Their driver was outside and he didn't want to miss anymore of their special event. They all gathered together in the truck and was on their way.

It wasn't long before the couple arrived to the venue. The place was more stunning in person, and Naj couldn't believe the event was for her. She never pictured herself having kids, at least not so early - but it seemed as if God had aligned things perfectly in her life.

Her little king would have more than he could ever ask for.

The couple greeted their close friends and family as they moved throughout the shower, making sure to Thank everyone for coming.

As for Ryann, she knew at any minute she would be running into Ava. The two hadn't seen each other in a few weeks and she had been kicking it with Santana since. They were only getting to know each other, but that was better than suffering alone, Ryann thought.

"Kane was such a mommas boy" Sonja laughed, as she glanced over to him across the table, "Chile, I couldn't even wipe my ass without sitting him on my lap".

Kane playfully rolled his eyes as the table chuckled. They all sat around sharing memories and talking about the arrival of baby Kane as they ate the catered soul food.

"I hope KJ is not like that" Naj half joked.

"My son gonna be a daddy's boy, he already kick only when I talk to him" Kane bragged.