Overloved

Karl, the song  reminded of the things you told me last Thursday. :)

_____-_____-_____-

"Am I not clear when I told you to ditch your girlfriend and start dating Tiffany?" Mike recalled his fight with his father a month ago.

"I don't like her," Mike insisted.

"Mike, the future of our company relies on it," Roger tried to be calm, "Think about your mother; think about us.  If we disappoint Mr. Benson, he'll pull-out all our advertising agreements with his company and we will lose billions.  You will learn to love her," he begged his son.

"The hell," Mike tried to walk out.

"Listen to me," Roger stopped his son, "As my only son, it is your responsibility to take care of the company.  This is part of that responsibility."

"But I love someone else"

"Think about it," Roger paused, "Will she love you when you have nothing?"

"What do you mean?" Mike wondered.

"The company is losing, Mike.  When your mother got sick, I am forced to use the money of the company for her cure.  Our partnership with The Grand Beatrice Company will not only save our company," Roger sighed, "it will keep me from going to jail."

Mike sighed.  When he met Rish, she was nothing to him; but when Tiffany started to bully her, he decided to protect her.  He eventually learned to love her.  He looked at Tiffany who was quietly seated on the passenger's seat.  He wondered what happened to her.  She was the most popular girl in school _ pretty, witty, but mean.  He knew she had a huge crush on him and she bullied any girl that is linked to him.  Among all the girls, Rish was the only one who is brave enough to fight back.

"I am sure Tiffany can endure it if you can only love her as a friend; she was able to endure the bruises you gave her, anyway," he remembered Sasha's words.

"Sasha told me you have bruises, why didn't you complain about it?" he asked her.

"Huh?" Tiffany seemed surprised, "this is nothing.  I always get this every dance practice," she lied.  'That brat! Why did she tell Mike about my bruises' Tiffany thought.

There was silence again. 

"Stop the car," Tiffany broke the silence.

"Mike, please stop the car," Tiffany pleaded.

"What's wrong with you?" Mike pulled over.

"I won't be long," she said while looking at the back of the car.

Tiffany hurriedly went out of the car.

"Hey, where are you going?" Mike followed her.

"Mom?" Tiffany stopped a few steps away from her mother.  Mike was surprised to see Tiffany's mother.  He hasn't seen her in person though he knew what happened.

"Mom, please" Tiffany ran after her mother who tried to walk away.

"Tiffany, I'll see you some other time"

"You always say that but you never came to see me," Tiffany stopped her mother again.

"I was in trouble the last time I saw you; I am just protecting my children"

"I am also your child," Tiffany insisted.

"You are old enough to understand!"

"I wasn't old enough when you left me.  Mom please, I just want to talk to you," Tiffany cried, pleading.