Double Trouble

"Shit." Rudy muttered, his teeth clenched and his headache got worse as his frustration grew. His whining twin beside him constantly talking into his ear didn't help.

"Why would she leave at this time? Maybe for the exotics and such, but why at this time? It's so unfair." Aidan whined, his own frustration matching his brother's. Maybe less because of his venting. "I mean-"

"Shut up, I see light." Rudy interrupted, holding his arm out in front of Aidan. "Let's break in and find some sort of comfort."

"But-"

"At least until Pacifica comes back, didn't you hear that it's this night?" Rudy said, grabbing his arm and dragging him to the house.

"Fine." Aidan said, frowning. "I wish she'll be here soon. I can't stand this blasted heat."

I can't stand your continuing blabbering. "We'll see." Rudy said, looking up and seeing that horrid sign of the Mystery Shack. It always irked him. "Of all our luck-"

"Wait a tick, look," Aidan pointed out. "The Pines boy is alone. Let's just knock him out and try see if there's ice inside."

"Might as well, but it's not like ice is going to help, you idiot."

--

"Well, see you soon." Dipper said, hanging up after hearing Mabel's goodbye. He smiled and went to the room they had shared as kids and laid on his bed.

Mabel had gone away with Pacifica to a tropical island and he was home alone because his Grunkles were on another grand adventure. Which brought him to reminisce about the adventures he had with Mabel, and decided that was better than watching some weird show.

But, then a loud slam made him flinch and he shot up, grabbing Mabel's grappling hook and cautiously walked to the shuffling sounds and muffled voices.

He gulped and looked about, anxiety setting in.

"..viously, the old man with the fez is clearly too cheap to get ice." A cheery voice, but a bit strained, chirped.

"That, or the two's been gone for a while, and the Pines boy likely forgot." A too familiar calm and apathetic voice added.

Dipper clutched the handle tightly as he dared a quick glance and his suspicions were true, it was the demon halves twins. The warm pinkish purple eyed one, Aidan, was currently halfway in their fridge, while the cold eyed one was rubbing his temples and looked extremely uncomfortable.

He gulped and quietly shuffled away, thinking of ways to get them away and just how to do it.

"Dammit, just how the hell are we even going through this?!" Aidan cried out, Dipper got the image of him clutching at his hair. "We're reincarnations! Human now!"

"This began to happen when we entered this area, and you do know that logic doesn't seem to work in this town." Rudy said. "Perhaps- Did you hear that?"

Dipper froze, holding his breath as well as he settled on a closet. But, Rudy must've heard a nonexistent creak.

Silence, though he was sure that the two could've heard his loud heartbeats and panicking thoughts.

"Meh, must be been nothing," Aidan said nonchalantly.

Dipper closed his eyes in relief, loosening his grip.

"Nothing, but this annoyance." Dipper cried out in surprise when his wrist was grabbed and he was dragged out of the closet, slammed against the wall and he met with greenish blue eyes, cruel and irritated.

"Ah yes, was wondering when we'd see the Pines boy." Aidan chirped, his eyes bright and amused in comparison to his twin's.

"Wh what're you guys doing here? And why?" Dipper demanded, grabbing at the hand holding his shirt.