Episode 1: Tin Men part 3

Sam cringed, expecting to smash into the boulder, but instead, a mist washed over him, cold on his hands and face. He opened his eyes. They were in a small rectangle space, dimly light by greenish light. The silver walls had vertical grooves cut into them and were hung with black cables. Two doors-one in front of them, one of the left-were the only interruptions in the pattern. More cables lay on the floor in tangles.

The monster pushed him through the door on the left, into another room lit by the same greenish light. Something human-shaped stood on a pedestal in the center of the room. As they went closer, Sam realized it was a human, a man, strapped onto some sort of device, the arms and legs held in place by large metal clamps. Cables ran to a mask covering the guy's face. Every now and then, one of his limbs twitched. Three blue lights shone on the forehead of the mask. A fourth blinked, and a fifth was dark.

The hair on the back of Sam's neck rose. What was that thing? The metal monster pushed him past the device, and Sam craned his neck, trying to get a better look at it.

"Sammy, you okay?"

Sam looked up. The back wall had three doors set into it. Dean stood near one of the doors, one of the metal monsters holding his arms while the other opened the door.

Sam turned to the monster holding his neck. "Hey, listen, I don't know what you want with us-"

"The humans will be upgraded."

"Yeah, what's that mean, tin man?" Dean growled.

He stumbled as the monsters shoved him into the room.

Sam tried to jerk free. "Look, I think this is just a mistake, a misunder-"

The monster shoved him, hard, and Sam staggered into the room, tripping over his brother's foot.

"Humans will be upgraded. Those who resist will be deleted."

"Hey!" Dean started toward the door.

It slammed shut in his face.

Dean's hands clenched and unclenched as he stared at the door.

Sam pushed himself up. "Don't-"

Dean kicked the door, his boot making a dull thud echo through the room. "Hey Tin Man! You need a brain?" Thud. "Let me out, and I'll help you find one!" Thud.

Sam grabbed his brother's arm, pulled him away from the door. "Did you see that thing out there?"

Dean frowned. "That weird device with cables hooked up to it?"

"Dude, that wasn't a device. That was a human."

Dean's eyes widened a little, and he stepped away from the door. He rubbed his chin. "Well, isn't that great. So we're prisoners of some guy controlling some kind of...what, robots?"

Sam rubbed his hands through his hair and clasped them at the back of his neck. "No."

"No? Says who?"

"Says me."

"Like you'd know."

Sam rolled his eyes. "You still play '80s music on a freakin' tape player, for cryin' out loud. You don't know anything about technology."

Dean snorted. "And you do?"

"More than you."

Dean stuffed his hands in his pocket and sat down, leaning against the wall. "Okay, so they're not robots. Got any other ideas?"

"I don't think that guy in that device was controlling them."

"I meant ideas on how to get out of here, moron."