What They Want [Chris Brown & Tyga Short Story] Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

Chris.

 6 Months later.

“Chris you sure you should go to LA?”

“Yes, I need to see my brother man I miss him!”

“Please be safe.” Maya said handing me more clothes and helping me fold them.

“I will…”

“And bring me back some LA food or something.” I chuckled.

“Will a T-shirt do?”

“Yes, it will.” She said stressing the letter S. She sighed and smiled sitting down. I looked from her to my clothes, still folding.

“You be safe too, you carrying my child.”

“I’m 6 months, I’ll be fine.” I stopped folding my clothes and kneeled down grabbing Maya’s belly as she sat on the couch watching me. She smiled and rubbed her hands over mine.

“I love you and this baby you know that right?”

“Yeah I know.”

“Just don’t do nothing stupid, go to work, pick up Chrissie and come straight home.”

“Can I breathe in between all of that ripping and running?” She smiled but my face remained serious. I clenched my jaw and looked up at her.

“Did you hear what I said?”

“Yes, it was a joke baby … Now help me up, your kid is rotating on my bladder.” I extended my arm helping her up. I wrapped my arms around her waist, letting my chin rest on her shoulder; she rubbed her hands through my curls and kissed my lips before going into the bathroom. I finished packing up and sat my bags by the door.

“Chris?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re going to be back before Angelica’s fourth birthday right?”

“That’s next Thursday right?”

“Yeah, I will … She walked out the bathroom … You wash your hands?”

“And sanitize them; yes … I do every time.”

“I just want you to be safe.”

“I am, let me see your ticket.” I handed it to her as she grabbed her purse.

“You dropping me off?”

“Of course, let’s go. You don’t need to be late for the bus … I think you should take a plane, but it was your choice.” She said mumbling the last part.

“I didn’t make enough this month to buy a plane ticket, and I want to pay for Angelica’s party myself, so you can save your money.”

“She’s going to have a great birthday thanks to you.”

“I hope so, and riding a bus will give me time to think.” I opened the door letting her in.

“I could have given you the extra money; pregnant women get extra tips at my job.” She said rubbing her belly and starting the car.

“I got too much pride to take your hard earned money Maya. We been through this.”

“You’re my boyfriend; it’s the least I can do.”

“I said no! And put your fucking seat belt on before you drive off, you trying to kill our baby?” I yelled, tapping my hand on the dashboard, she jumped slightly and turned to me wide eyed.