Chapter 2

Zayn walked inside and put the grocery bags in one of the small shelves, locking it and looking around. The shop wasn't too big, but you could find anything a pet owner may need. On one side there were products like food, cages, leashes, and other stuff. On the opposite side, there were hamsters, small parrots, fish, and even snakes. Zayn went to the products and started looking at dog toys. He knew he just needed to take a few cans of food and go, but the small rubber balls and puppy stuffies were too cute to ignore. Everything was going fine until he heard a soft voice. 

- Hi, can I help you? 

     He turned around and noticed a brown-haired boy around his age, wearing a light blue polo shirt with the shop logo. His plump rich-colored lips that formed a small smile caught Zayn's attention more than they should have. 

- Hey. Hi. No. I mean... I mean yes! I just need some food. Some dog. Jeez, some dog food. - Zayn rambled nervously. 

     The lad just answered with a small "ok" and led him to the dog-food area, where the cans were put in age order. Feeling Zayn's nervousness, he didn't talk and tried to hide his giggles, cause the customer's actions were cute and funny. Zayn, on the other hand, mentally cursed. Usually, he was a master in flirting. But now, he just acted like a teenage girl. He took one can, than the other, than the other, stealing secret glances at the beautiful boy, forgetting that he had to stop, until his arm trembled and he dropped everything on the floor. 

- Oh, shit! Sorry! - He huffed and bent down. 

- That's okay. - The lad assured kindly and followed. 

     Zayn was collecting the fallen cans quickly, not daring to look at the boy, who was still calm and smiley, even though his customer caused trouble. The boy stood up and put the cans on the desk, trying to hide his shy smile. 

     As if it wasn't enough, Zayn stood up abruptly and accidentally hit his arm on the drawer. It shook a little and caused the perfectly arranged boxes fall down, crashing into each other in the process. Zayn widened his eyes, but the damage was done and in a few seconds all the products created chaos and made all kind of sounds. 

BANG! CRACK! BOOM! SMASH! BUMP! 

     Bones, leashes, collars, animal beds, food plates, toys... Everything dropped one after another like a pack of dominos. It looked like a perfectly planned trick and each fallen object pushed the one near it. And everything happened too fast to be stopped. The bigger objects on the top shelf were on the edge too and one big metal cage was right on top of them. 

- F*ck! Come here! - Zayn screamed and pulled the boy to his chest, before the cage would fall on him. 

     Luckily, he succeeded and the cage fell down in front of them. It created an even louder sound that was audible for people outside the shop. A blonde guy soon rushed from the inside room. He was in the same polo shirt as the boy, who still stood shocked, Zayn's arms wrapped around him.

- Woah! Mate, you okay? - The blonde lad asked the boy.

- Yeah, Ni. I'm okay. - The boy answered and untangled himself from Zayn.

     Looking around for a second he couldn't stop himself from laughing. 

- You won't believe what just happened. - He said to his friend. 

     The blonde lad took the cleaning supplies from the room and joined the boy, who was sitting cross-legged on the floor and collecting everything in sight. 

- You need help with this? - Zayn asked, feeling ashamed for disturbing their peaceful working day. 

- No, we've got it. - The blonde boy answered him and continued helping his friend. 

- You sure? I mean it's my fault, after all. 

- Yes, yes, we're sure. It's fine. - The brunette answered with a soft reassuring smile. 

     Zayn took a breath and went to the lockers, taking the bags, and sending the two employees one last apologetic smile. He walked back to his apartment, smiling to himself and trying to remember every little detail of the boy he met at the pet-shop, starting from his warm chocolate eyes to that one of a kind birthmark on his neck. 

     He slowly approached the door and entered in. Harry was in front of the TV, but a certain blue-eyed boy made him realize he was gone for long. He didn't expect him to be there yet. 

- Oh hey, Louis! - Zayn greeted. 

- Hey there, Malik! - The other one responded and continued playing with the dog. 

     Zayn sighed and dropped himself on the couch, next to the two of them, leaving the shopping bags on the floor. 

- Soooooo, where is Alfie's food? - Harry asked him. 

- Oh, shit! - Zayn cursed for the hundredth time that day.