Mismatched Compatibility (23)

I'm absolutely in love with this song (Say You Love Me - Jessie Ware) for Ethan and Dana. I think it's also perfect for the chapter so if you could, please do play it while you're reading. :)

100,000 followeeeeers!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! :D xx

_____________

Ethan:

I stared at the beach house that I considered a sanctuary from my mother's high class parties. I loved coming here as a kid. But then my visits lessened the moment I started attending sports camps every summer.

“Who lives here?” asked Daniella, when we entered the house.

“My grandparents used to,” I answered, walking to the living room.

One of my favorite parts of coming here was drinking beer with Grandpa at the veranda, overlooking the gulf. We'd just chill there and talk.

“Where are they now?”

I dropped our bags by the couch, near the fireplace. I took my time before answering Daniella's question.

“Grandma passed a couple of years ago,” I started, keeping the emotion from my voice. “Grandpa would rather live in a Home than stay here. So he gave this house to my dad, but my mom didn't want it. They gave it to me, instead.”

It was just a simple two-story beach house by the gulf. Nothing too fancy. Just perfect for a small coastal town get away. I loved it.

“Do you want it?” she asked me curiously, a little skeptical.

My eyes wandered around the bright lit place, faintly hearing the ocean waves. My nose was practically rejoicing by the smell of the salty air.

I looked at Daniella. “I do.”

She smiled softly.

We stared at each other for a while. I suddenly had the urge to kiss her, my eyes focusing on her lips – those lips that I wanted to taste so bad again.

Her body shifted.

At that moment, I realized that she was waiting for me to make a move. Fuck, I wanted to. So I took a step closer, while I noticed she had an intake of breath.

I couldn't help it. I lowered my head to the crook of her neck, inhaling her flowery scent. This close, I felt her shiver. I smiled, and decided to tease her a little more. Slowly, I ran my nose from her collar bone up to her jaw.

“You smell so fucking good,” I murmured, my voice husky.

It took her a moment to answer.

“I thought we were going to swim?” she reminded me, breathless from the effect of what I was doing.

“We are.” But still I didn't move. Then, I sighed. “Change before I do something you're not ready for.” I straightened up and stepped back.

It killed me, not being able to do what I wanted with her. I wanted to touch her, worship her. But I couldn't. Not until she gave me full permission.

“There you go again,” she said, rolling her eyes. Her cheeks were still flushed, though. “Don't decide for me, Ethan. Stop underestimating me.”

As if proving her point, she suddenly leaned up and kissed me on the corner of my mouth. I swear I got a hard on right then and there.

“And I don't need to change,” she whispered, as she took off her summer dress.