Chapter 22

Slowly waking up I reach for Lucas, only to be met with cold sheets.

Oh right. I told him to leave before the girls got here.

Sitting up and stretching I hear a commotion outside the door.

"We have to wake her up! We need as much time as possible to get ready! This coronation has to be perfect!"

"Shh. Keep your voice down. You might wake her up before it's time."

I open the door to be met with several faces.

"Good morning girls! Are you going to help me?"

Everyone nods their heads as they file into the room.

Aella walks in last with a mug of coffee in her hands.

"I thought you might want this before preparations start."

"Thank you Aella! You are a lifesaver. I can't function without my caffeine."

Drinking my cup of liquid magic, I watch as a vanity table is set up and boxes of makeup are brought in, along with different hair products.

Adaline speaks first when everything is set up.

"This is going to work just like it did when we got ready for the ball. Only difference is that we are the ones getting you dolled up. Are you ready?"

Downing the last of my coffee I say a simple yes.

"Great! First is a bath in rose water. Lenna and Kendra will help you with that while we get the rest of everything prepared. So phase one is a go!"

Lenna and Kendra usher me into the bathroom as they fill the bath with water and place rose petals in it.

"Why the roses?"

"Rose water helps with hydrating the skin and gives an almost glow to the skin."

"Alright makes sense."

Lenna and Kendra scrub and scrub my skin till it turns almost pink and wash my hair till it feels smooth as silk.

Wrapped in a silk robe, Kendra dries my hair while Lenna helps moisturize my skin. Kendra straightens my hair saying it will be easier to work with.

When I finally walk out of the bathroom, 2 hours have passed. 2 hours!

Makeup is next and the girls decided on a warm brown undertone with a gold glitter layer on top, saying it will make my eyes stand out and balance the look with the dress. Simple eyeliner is applied after the eye shadow, making a small wing quickly followed by mascara. Lip color was difficult to choose and the girls stood arguing about it for what seemed like forever. They decided on a neutral pink lipstick, to make my lips look bigger than they really are.

Hair was another long discussion and ended up with me getting my hair curled, woven into a massive yet loose braid with diamonds and ruby clips placed throughout.