Fall Away

I should start telling you a little bit about me before I tell you the story I am about to tell you all.

My name is Anna Filkins and I was 17 years old when this story happened. I used to live in Boulder, Colorado; since I was born. I used to study in a public high school there too. I would describe myself physically, but I do not really like doing that. Describing myself is not something I would really like doing.

What I am about to tell you happened in 2015.

It was Monday, and the first day of high school. The first day of the last year before I went to the university; that was kind of scary for me. I still did not know what I was going to study at the university; the opposite of all my classmates, as usual.

My mom had to wake me up of my bed; I was so sleepy. I love sleeping. If it was considered a free time activity, it would be my favorite one. For me, the first day of classes is one of the worst days of all the year, without a doubt. It might sound estrange, because it is usually the unique day you do not have any homework or anything to study. But, for me, it was more like the day when hell started. Yes, I call high school hell.

I had my usual breakfast: some toasts and a cup of coffee. I did not usually sleep much, therefore I needed something to wake me up in the morning. Coffee did a great job with that. I was not a bad student, although now it might seem like I was. I was the usual nerd. I just loved sleeping but found it hard to sleep a lot of times. It is okay if it does not make sense to you, it did not make sense to me either.

I caught my bag and went off my house. I usually went to high school walking, so I had to leave like thirteen minutes before classes started. It was kind of exhaustive, but I went listening to music all the way there, so it was not a bad moment at all. My home was far from high school, and I should add that that was not really cool.

I had luck and got there in twenty five minutes. Well, if that's considered luck, of course. My best friend was already there, and I was pleased with that so much, actually. I did not have much friends at high school, so the fact that my best friend was there, it was great. Do not you think so?

"Hey!" Said my best friend, Kathy. "You seem really excited to start classes."

"Of course," I replied laughing. "I'm not. I think that this place is a kind of torture for all of us. But I guess that's what we got."

My friend started laughing, and so did I.

Kathy was blonde, with dark eyes that seemed like the top of a cave, and she was thin. We had been friends since we were like six years old I think.

We kept talking until 8.00AM, time to enter the class. I did not take all the classes with my best friend, but I took most of them though. My first class was with her. It was Math's class. I sat with Kathy in the bottom of the class; I liked to do that. I was wondering if there were new classmates just when I saw a guy and a girl I had never seen before. I guess that was the answer for my doubts. That happened all the years: some people left , and other people came.

Math's teacher was nice. I had had worse teachers. Although she seemed to be a hard teacher; I am refering to the exams and that stuff. She spent the whole class talking about high school rules and introducing our new classmates. Their names were David and Jessica. They looked like nice people; I could not trust by a look, but, who knew?

Thankfully, the teacher decided not to make us do homework, which made us very happy. Being honest, I would not have liked to do homework if I had had to. But, that did not happen, so I had nothing to worry about. I did not like Math very much, either way I was good at it.

After Math's class I had to go to Biology. That subject was one of the subjects I enjoyed the most. I loved Biology so much. I did not know why, I just loved it.