18

I was about to talk again when a figure came out of nowhere from behind us and jumped over everyone, including the League. They landed next to the children and whispered something to them before and smoke bomb went off, masking their escape.

They appeared on the second floor, and the figure put the kids down and faced everyone again. They were wearing some kind of costume. I couldn't see their face with the mask they were wearing. I've seen the outfit somewhere before, but where?

The person spoke. "I thought you guys were better than this. Using children as hostages? Really now?" He was glaring at the League. They were in a stare down.

The figure sat down on the rail. The leader from the League was the first to speak.

"Fox of the Underworld. What do we own such a pleasure?"

Wait! I knew who that is. But why was he even here?!? My eyes didn't leave him.

"What does the leader of The Pack have with us here?"

He smirked and looked at me. "That is none of your damned business. But for your information, I'm not here for you... this time."

Was that a threat? What in the world did hat mean? But why was he here then? For the League? Before I could ask anything else, he threw something at the League and ran away with the children. I looked back at the League right as a flash grenade went off. So that's what it was.

We used this distraction to retreat. We couldn't beat the whole League with out back up. We'd regroup and comeback. But first we needed to figure out where the Fox took those children. What did he need with them?

Midnight and Present Mic went in a different direction to meet up with the reinforcements while I followed the Fox. He couldn't have gotten that far right?

By the time I caught up with him we were outside and he was heading down the street. Where in the world was he taking them?

I kept following behind him from a safe distance. He finally slowed down when we hit what seemed to be a park. What I'm the world did he need here?