Niall Horan

*Niall Horan*

*Niall's POV*

It's been weeks since I've heard from or seen Katey. I have no idea where she is and I have been worried sick. Her mother keeps telling me to calm down. I don't know why she calmed down all of the sudden, but she keeps telling me that she has a gut feeling that she's safe and sound. But I can't help it. I'm her father after all.

"Niall, can you stop pacing, you're stressing me out." My wife, Brianna, told me.

"Sorry, just a bit worried." I said as I stopped pacing and took a seat next to her on the couch.

"Are you still worried about Katey?" Brianna asked.

"Yeah." I said honestly.

"Well, like I said before, I have this gut feeling that Katey is safe and sound. Plus, she's going to be going away to college in the fall and we're not going to know where she is every single moment that she's there." My wife said, trying to assure me.

"You know, that doesn't help." I told her.

"Well, how about we watch some TV, maybe that will get your mind off of it." She suggested and I just nodded.

My wife turned on the TV and started flipping through the channels. But as she was flipping through the channels, something caught my eye.

"Wait, go back to the last channel." I said suddenly.

"Why?" She asked in confusion.

"Just do it." I told her.

"Fine." She mumbled.

And there it is. Something I never thought I'd ever see in my entire life.

"Oh. My, Gosh. Is that who I think that is?" I asked.

"Sh." My wife said as she intently watched the TV.

I can't believe that Katey would do this to me. I can't believe that she would audition for the X Factor. She knows how much I don't like the music industry or music in general. And she knows that I don't like those music competitions you see on TV, especially the X Factor.

"Hello there. How are you?" Sam Smith asked.

"I'm a bit nervous actually." Katey replied, creating a reaction from the audience.

"Well, there's no reason to be nervous. Just relax and have fun." Sam replied with a smile.

"Before you begin, can you please tell us your name, how old you are, and where you're from." Simon Cowell explained.

"My name is Katey Horan, I'm 17 years old, and I'm from London, England." Katey replied.

When Katey introduced herself, I saw Simon Cowell and Ed Sheeran's eyes pop out of their heads. Yes, she's my daughter. Don't act all surprised.

"And what song will you be singing for us today?" Ed Sheeran asked, trying his best to recover from the shock that I apparently caused.

"I'll be singing 'Me, Myself, & Time' by Demi Lovato." I said.

"Perfect. Let's here it." Sam said.

Katey just nodded and 

"I can make the rain stop if I wanna
Just by my attitude.
I can take my laptop, record a snapshot,
And change a point of view.

I just entered this brand-new world,
And I'm so open-hearted.
I know I've got a long way to go,
But I'm—I'm just getting started."

As soon as she started singing both me and Brianna's jaws dropped. She was incredible. I didn't know she could sing like that. Why didn't she tell me? Oh yeah, I made it clear for as long as she could remember that I don't like anything to to do with the music industry, music, or those music competitions on TV.