CURIOSITIES

This is an extra chapter with some curiosities about the tale that I think you will enjoy to know.

****

This tale just wants to show a bit of what I think artist's eternal lives is in paradise (or whatever the place they all are). Yeah, because I really think they all must be having a hell of a time right now!

And once I'm a big fan of Queen, of course I had to put Freddie Mercury as the main character. So, most of the curiosities you will read are related to Queen.

*******

And let's start by the title.

Don't Try So Hard is the name of one of the many Queen songs.

I choosed this title because I think somehow the meaning of the lyrics (see video on previous chapter) is similar to the meaning of this tale.

About the characters:
Amy 👉 Amy Winehouse
Kurt 👉 Kurt Cobain
Lennon 👉 John Lennon
Jimi 👉 Jimi Hendrix
Michael 👉 Michael Jackson
Janis 👉 Janis Joplin
Jim 👉 Jim Morrison
Freddie 👉 Freddie Mercury
Bowie 👉 David Bowie
Eric 👉 Eric Carr

The original character Lily was named after another Queen song called Lily of the Valley.

Relation between the characters and Queen:
Kurt Cobain makes a reference to Freddie Mercury on his suicide letter.

John Lennon is payed tribute on Queen's music Life is Real (Song for Lennon).

Jimi Hendrix is one of the references of Brian May. And Freddie, on his design degree, made many portraits and sketches of Jimi.

Michael Jackson e David Bowie worked musically with Queen (but not the three at the same time).

Eric Carr e Freddie Mercury passed away on the exact same day (Nov. 24th 1991).

More curiosities:

"A yellow frame with two wood-made cats decorating it owning Freddie Mercury's portrait caught her eye."

Yellow frame 👉 Yellow was one of Freddie's favorite color.

Two wood-made cats 👉 Apart the music, cats were the other big passion of Freddie and, at a certain time, he even owned around 9 cats at his home.