32 | τριάντα δύο

32 | τριάντα δύο

A/N : do you guys think i should enter this book in Wattys?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I WAS SAT in the living room with a cup of coffee in my hands, watching reruns of an old sitcom that I used to love on the television as my mother came into the room.

There was an atmosphere of warmth that filled this house that I could not quite put my finger on, but it was something I really needed at a time like this.

It had been a few days since I left Elysium, and the way that Ares looked at me still haunted me. It still hurt. I wasn't sure if I'd ever heal from that.

I wish Ares knew how much he meant to me. I was in love with him. Turns out it was an unrequited love.

My mother sat besides me on the couch, poking my side. I whipped my head around. I couldn't believe I was made to forget such a wonderful, beautiful life. And now with the memories from my fake life swirling around my head, I found myself just a little more appreciative.

"What was that for?" I frowned and she shook her head, bright blue eyes beaming at me excitedly. "Just making sure you're real." She chuckled, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

Both Daniel and Juliet had taken me in with open arms, and thankfully decided not to ask any questions. I found myself asking questions, though, when I saw the giant belly my mother had been harbouring.

It was a boy. And it was due any day now.

"So, I called Gayle and Milo. They were both so pleased to have you back. Said they hadn't talked to you or seen you in the longest time either. I imagine you'll have a lot to say to them." She said, drinking some of the tea she had brought with.

I sighed, not knowing where I'd even begin. My mother's eyes wandered down to my chest, and a frown replaced her previous smile. "You're not wearing your favourite chain?" She said, voice fading down in disappointment.

I felt a guilty pang hit my chest as I looked at her. "I'm so sorry, mom. I – I lost it a couple of years back." Now that my memories were back, I could see myself wearing a very thin golden chain given to me by my parents. I would never take it off.

I was hanging out with Sutton, who turned out to be Aphrodite when I lost it. Even in those fake memories about the orphanage, I always had that chain.

"Do you remember why we gave it to you?" She had a nostalgic smile on her face as she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Oh yeah! I remember, we went with Gayle and Milo on a long trip to the beach. I got a huge bottle glass up my foot and I had to get surgery." I remembered everything, it was playing out in my head like a movie.

She took my hand into hers, sending a warm feeling through my body. "Your father and I were so scared you wouldn't make it. But you did, and we were so happy." She looked at me like there was some kind of underlying message she was relaying to me.

"Breakfast is ready!" My father shouted from the kitchen. My cheeks heated up shyly.

"He prepared us breakfast? He shouldn't have." I said and my mother waved me off. "Poppycock, he never does anything, it's his time to contribute." She chuckled and I couldn't help but smile.