Chapter 19

The daylight streaming through the windows was what woke Eleanor up from her deep and extremely satisfactory slumber

The daylight streaming through the windows was what woke Eleanor up from her deep and extremely satisfactory slumber. She slowly opened her eyes to find her husband sprawled next to her, naked like her, on his extremely spacious bed, his dishevelled hair sticking up in all odd directions. She supposed she was partly to blame for that. Her fingers still remembered the feel of the soft texture of his hair as they wound it around them and tugged and pulled at it last night. Wanting to feel it again, she reached her hand out and softly brushed the hair out of his eyes and relished in the euphoric shiver that went down her spine at the contact.

Nathan, seeming to have woken up, stirred next to her and opened a sleepy eye to peer at her. Normally, she would have retreated her hand the moment he woke up, ashamed to be caught in the act but, with her newfound confidence from last night, she did not cease stroking the fine strands of his hair but continued, smiling at him.

'Good morning, husband,' Eleanor muttered, her throat still sore – like other parts of her body – from last night's screaming.

Nathan smiled sleepily and pulled her naked form towards him, nestling his head in the crook of her neck. 'Good morning, wife,' he said into her shoulder, his hot breath fanning her bare shoulder. She gasped when he pressed a slow lingering kiss to the spot and resisted the urge to moan in the pleasure the simple kiss elicited, her mind pushing memories of the night before the forefront.

Nathan chuckled and caressed her back, continuing to press butterfly kisses to every inch of skin he could get his lips on. 'You do not have any idea how long I've been dreaming of this.'

Despite the shock waves rolling through her body, she managed to choke out a response. 'A month or so, I would guess.'

'No,' he muttered in between kisses. 'It has been much longer.'

'I am greatly flattered,' she said before a moan finally tore through her lips.

He laughed and rose, only to straddle her hips as he towered over her and Eleanor fought the urge to look away at his bare self. However used to Nathan she was, the same couldn't be said for the situation she was now in. Although they had both seen each other, it was different when it was morning. In the dark, a lot was left to the imagination but with the sun penetrating the room and bathing it in its soft glow, everything was laid out to see and the urge to cover herself with her hands – anything, for that matter! – was strong. But, she fought it. He was her husband and she, his wife, and they had already consummated the marriage. There was no need now for her to be shy about such a thing.

'Do you know how beautiful you are, Eleanor?' Nathan asked her as he leaned down to brush his lips softly against hers.

'I should think, to the extent you are handsome,' she replied, pressing her lips closer and wrapping her arms around him.

He groaned against her lips as he pressed closer. 'I would argue with that. You are far, far more beautiful than I, my love.'

'That is what all loving husbands say, darling. What I said was merely fact.'