Back Home

"Do it again!" A voice was shouting and I instantly knew it was me he was talking to. "Do it again!"

He sounded like a maniac, and I was still not used to it. Every time he spoke, actually, I flinched in fear. Tears were running down my face.

"I-I c-can't," I stuttered, choking on my tears. The room was dark and when he shouted again he sounded like he was everywhere. "Do it again!" he screamed at me and I winced.

My trembling hand move forward and hovered over the lone candle's flame. I was crying uncontrollably. I didn't want to do it again. It hurt and I had been at it all day. Even now I felt like throwing up but I'm sure that would not end well.

I swallowed and braced myself for what was to come. Slowly, I whispered the words, running my hand over the flame, feeling the heat scorch my palm. No matter that it would heal. It still hurt like hell. I held back a cry of pain as I said the last words.

Then the flame went out. And I screamed.

--

I woke up with my heart pounding frantically in my chest. My eyes didn't open because instinct took over as soon as I hear talking above me. But that dream had scared the daylights out of me.

"There's something definitely different about her," I heard Kakashi saying. I cocked my ears, knowing it was about me.

"Even SHE took Zabuza down!" Naruto screamed.

"Shush, Naruto," Sakura admonished. I heard him cry out and I knew that she had bopped him over the head. "She's still sleeping."

"But how could she have taken him down like that?" Naruto asked.

There was a short pause. "I don't know." Everyone was quiet for a while and I took that as my cue to show that I was awake.

I opened my eyes and attempted to sit up. Sasuke started forward but Naruto beat him to it. He grabbed a cup of water and held it out to me. "Here, drink," he said. Sasuke went back to lean against the wall.

I took the cup from him and sipped a little.

"Are you okay, Lea?" Sakura asked me worriedly. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What happened after I passed out?"

Naruto sat cross legged in front of me and grinned. "Sasuke and I took Haku down!"

"Good for you," I said dryly. "Are they both dead? Is Zabuza dead?"

"Yeah, they died." I relaxed a bit.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sakura asked again. "You've been out for five days."

"Five what?? Five days?? How could you let that happen?"

"We didn't tell you to black out, now did we?" Sasuke spoke up. I looked over to him. He was still leaning against the wall but he looked... angry? Sulky? I didn't know and I didn't really care. I had to get out of bed. That was five days' worth of training wasted.

I jumped up. "I've got to get out of here," I announced.

"No," Sakura said. "You're still too weak. You need your rest." She tried to get me to lie back down but I shook her off.

"I've been sleeping for five days, how much more rest do I need?"

"Before you go, Lea, may I have a word with you?" Kakashi spoke up saying.

I shook my head, looking for my weapon pouch. "No can do. Maybe later."

"No, I think we should do this now."