13

" WE DID IT! I CANT BELIEVE WE DID IT!" Eric said excitedly as Five and him were back at the Umbrella Academy. Five watched him cheer with an amused smile on his face. He looked down and then realized that Eric was shirtless.

"Um Eric, what happened to your shirt?" He asked quickly and the other boy seemed to have just realized that it was gone as well.

"Oh... I think Lance took it off." He explained, shrugging.

Five didn't like that answer.

"That bastard. I swear to God I'll kill him." He threatened and Eric quickly rushed up to him, grabbing his hand.

"Hey, it's okay. I was encouraging it to be able to get the grenades. No need to kill him." He mumbled, wondering if Five was jealous. It seemed odd how they were going through life or death situations but at the same time also teenage feelings.

"Yeah well. Whatever." Five murmured, pulling away from Eric's hold. The darker boy simply rolled his eyes.

"Okay so from some research I found, I learned that for the apocalypse to happen, Harold Jenkins will need to be protected." Five explained carefully, rushing back up to his room as Eric tried to catch up to him.

"Woah woah who is Harold Jenkins?! Will we have to kill him?"

"Not we, me." Five interrupted with a heavy sigh. Eric furrowed his eyebrows, confused at what the other boy was implying.

"So you're going to go out there and kill him on your own?" He questioned to which Five shrugged.

"I might." He decided which caused Eric to roll his eyes again.

"That's a death sentence. You'll get killed."

"Don't act like you know what I'm capable of. I've killed-"

"I know. But think about this. Harold Jenkins could be the literal cause of the apocalypse. Are you actually ready to fight that?" Eric logically asked and Five seemed to do a double take at that.

"I need to go talk to Diego or Allison." He mumbled, walking past Eric but the darker boy grabbed his wrist.

"Five wait." He whispered, pulling the powerful boy to him.

"I just... I don't want you to get hurt." He admitted, biting his lip. Five glanced at Eric softly. He leaned forward, locking his lips on Eric's. The mocha skinned boy felt his heart stop as he shut his eyes automatically. Five held them in this position for a moment, smiling into the kiss.

He pulled away, immediately opening his eyes to meet eyes with Eric. They both let out loud breaths, seemingly shocked. Five cleared his throat, moving closer.

"Eric. I don't want you to get hurt either. That's another reason for me to end this apocalypse. So I don't lose you." He mumbled softly and let go of Eric's bare shoulder, which he didn't even realize he was holding. Five backed up and rushed out, not wanting to face emotions anymore at the moment.

Eric watched him go with a frown.

"Trouble in gay paradise?" A voice spoke up and Eric turned quickly to see Klaus smiling crookedly at him through the doorway.

"Yeah. I guess." The smaller boy sighed out, sitting down on the couch.

"Well Five is a tough cookie to crack, I'll tell you that. But, like I said before, I can tell he likes you."

"How?" Eric asked quickly as Klaus sat down across from him.

"I feel like a teenager again! Ah young love. Anyways, I met someone. It's a long story-"

"Klaus. We have time."

"Right. Anyways, I met this boy. Right after the whole kidnapping ordeal ended-"

"I'm so sorry me and Five left you there by the way."

"Eric! Please! I'm so GLAD you left me there." Eric knew Klaus was crazy but man, did he enjoy the kidnapping ordeal or..

Klaus seemed to have noticed Eric's confused expression and quickly elaborated, "Like I was saying, after, a cop found me and let me out and I found this old case that I assumed was filled with money. So I took it and ran. Then I opened it and well, it took me back in time. To a war zone? Which was super weird but okay. Anyways I met Dave there. He was... gorgeous." Klaus spoke softly with a fond look. Eric rested his head on his hand with a smile, guessing where the story was going.

"Well me and Dave hit it off. We drank, dance and eventually kissed. I was head over heals for him."

"Was?" Eric interrupted, confused for a moment.

"He got shot. He didn't make it." Klaus' whole happy mood dropped immediately as he uttered those words. Eric's mouth dropped in an 'oh' shape, and he bit his lip with a frown.

"Klaus I'm so sorry." He whispered but the man just shook off his sadness, putting on a smile. Eric was starting to realize how fake that smile looked.

"It's fine! Honestly! I'm gonna sober up so I can speak to him. Anyways the point of that story was... the way Five looks at you was the way Dave looked at me. I know it." He said whilst leaning forward to pat Eric on the knee.

"You're still just a kid. Savor it. You have a chance to enjoy your childhood and you have a chance to fall in love. Don't waste these opportunities, they'll be gone before you know it." The man stated gently and Eric stood up, giving Klaus a quick hug, which surprised him.

"Thank you." Eric whispered into his shoulder.

"No problem, kiddo." Klaus mumbled back, hugging the boy slowly. Eric let himself savor the hug and he promised himself that one day he'd find a way to make Klaus happy. Maybe with Five's help, they could. Klaus pulled away from the hug, patting the kid's back.

"Now, pippin tally ho, good fellow! Go get your man! And put on a shirt you scandalous child!"

A/N:
im kinda living for this klaus & eric brotp like they cute, eric can be the soft brother klaus needs and klaus can be the parental figure eric never got to have uwu ANYWAYS THIS SUCKS but here :)