2. Enter the Bianchis

That afternoon around four o'clock Ross and Liam Bianchi, the two young directors of Bianchi corporation strutted into the office. "What on earth are they doing here," Susan whispered to her team as they were wrapping up their meeting, "be at your best behavior gurls," and then turning Rob she quipped, "and one boy."

Ross looked after the billion dollar Bianchi Chemicals while Liam looked after multi million dollar Bianchi Solutions, the IT company under Bianchi Corporation. There was no reason why they should be here as they generally did not bother about the day to day workings of Bianchi Motors(BM). It was looked after by their eldest cousin Ben Bianchi. But lately after Mr Bianchi, Senior who was the group managing director and chairman expressed his desire to retire, it was touted that Ben would take over his place while the youngest Bianchi, Zen would handle Bianchi Motors. Zen was 25, a tech whiz and a MIT grad, it is so said being the youngest he was super spoilt and super wild. He had the famed Bianchi arrogance and the Bianchi good looks and to top it all he was super snooty. He never stepped into the 66 floor Bianchi Towers, the Bianchi Corporation office. It was rumored that he had refused to join Bianchi Corporation.He had already designed and patented a number of products. As a student he sold the rights of those products to several business houses to make a fortune for himself. He was a billionaire in his own right. In fact old Mr Bianchi, his dad, was livid when he sold a prized design to Bianchi's biggest competitor. So, he said he would only relent if Zen took interest in this family owned business. It took his elder brother Ben, his five cousins and two uncles to prevail on him over various sittings and to make him agree to take up Bianchi Motors. But Zen had conditions...

Anyway cut to the present. Seeing the Bianchi duo all the managers of the design team rushed greet them. The Bianchis seemed to be on a very light hearted mood. They crossed the Glade's table as they were heading towards the ad department when Ross pulled out his mobile as called someone. Amy noticed almost simultaneously Glade's mobile which was on silent mode began ringing...but he did not bother to answer. Ross spoke aloud, "Some people don't answer their phones. Do you think he is doing it on purpose." Liam was grinning broadly. Ross called again and strangely Glade's screen lighted up again. Glade disconnected the call this time. "Really he thinks no ends of himself. We will be meeting at the Ole King Cole for a drink after work. See you," he shouted, God knows to whom because Liam was standing next to him.
"Hi Susan," Continued Ross, "whats up?" Susan and Ross and Liam had a small chat and after about 10 minutes after which they were gone. Everyone was confused about why they came. But Susan just looked at Glade for a while.

****************************************************************************************

Amy generally caught the 6:30 bus back home. So, she generally left work 6 o'clock and took a stroll to the bus stand stopping to buy a hot dog on the way. Today was no different. But just as she was about to enter the lift she noticed Ross Bianchi on the left hand side of the lift and Glade Maxwell on the other.

She was hesitant when Ross said in his condescending tone said, " come in child...no formalities." Amy was clueless why Ross was in the employees lift rather than the directors lift.

"Good evening Mr Bianchi, " said Amy on entering.

Ross nodded. He seemed to be more interested in talking to Glade. With a broad grin he asked, "So, are you liking your job at BM?"

Glade did not answer. He stared back at Ross with his trademark insolent smile.

Amy was uncomfortable with Glade's silence.

Ross repeated his question.

" Today is his first day...I guess there was nothing much to do...So he will be in a position to answer in a day or two. Won't you?" She turned to Glade, trying to speak with her eyes, which said answer him. Glade had no expression in his eyes. He just looked away.

"You would make great spokesperson," laughed Ross, "Are you guys excited about working under Zen...now that he will be taking over."

"This is zensational news. We are looking forward to work under his able leadership," she said enthusiastically.

Amy was elbowing Glade to say something. He just remained immobile.

"Zensational !I like it," he exclaimed getting off the lift. Then while walking away he said, "I am off to Ole King Cole...will be there till 9."

Amy was not sure whom he wanted to address this to. Once Ross had left she turned to Glade. "Do you want to work here?"

"Huh?" He said.

" If you are going to rub the Bianchis wrongly, do you think you can work here."

"Ross has nothing to do BM."

"These Bianchis are thick as thieves. Brush one of them wrongly and all of them will lash out at you. Besides he was just having small talk. All you needed to say something nice and peppy. Do you think what you said mattered to him or us or to Zen?"

Glade looked at Amy for a while. He looked amused. He just said, " Why are you so bothered about keeping my job?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

" Goodness, you are such a ........," she trailed. She found it difficult to swear. " I shouldn't have helped you."

Amy was walking away when he called after her,"We are not introduced yet. I am Glade, Glade Maxwell. Remember to comb your hair tomorrow, Amy Wilson."

Amy was shocked hearing him

Amy had turned her head high into the air and walked away in a huff. She realized she was getting late for her 6:30 bus. So, she soon broke into a sprint.

"She is mad," thought Glade as he looked at her fleeting figure smilingly.

"He is wicked," thought Amy as she disappeared round the corner.

( readers, Okay I am giving some obvious hints.....take them...thanks)