22- Building a Place for Bek

*****This is probably the only update this week. Sorry!! 🙈🙈*****

LLYRIC—

I hadn't slept a bit. All night, my men had taken turns playing my body like music and teaching me how to please them, and then slept a few hours before they would wake to begin again. It was bliss I could never have even dreamed of.

When the sky began to gray, I got up, having to move slowly and carefully so as not to wake them, and watched them sleep. Ember lay across Sage's broad chest, and both men snored so loudly it made me have to put my hands over my mouth to keep from giggling and waking them. When I noticed Sage's fingers clutching at Ember's, and the way their legs entwined, I had to turn away.

My eyes wet with unshed tears, I silently made my way out of Ember's rooms and into the darkness of pre-dawn. I wandered a bit, my mind muddled, before finding a peaceful lake. The sound of the waves lapping against the shore and the wind in the willows around me set a song in my heart I couldn't not sing.

I sang of my own pain, my sorrows and insecurities now that Father could no longer hurt me. But mostly I sang of my love for my mates and the horrible ache of anguish I felt that I only had a short bit of time with them.

When they found me and immediately began to kiss and caress me, I was calmed again. But always, always in the back of my mind, I sang, soon. Soon, I'll leave you. Soon these tender feelings you have for me will burn out and be replaced with hatred, and disgust, and anger.

For who could love the Monster's heir?

After Sage had dragged me to beg breakfast from one of the local tribal women, we ate together in Al'iya's garden. When I made a noise to question Sage where Ember was, he immediately understood. It seemed my big, gentle mate was learning to listen with more than his ears.

"I'm sure he's going to be very busy for a while. He's the tribal leader, sweetheart, and he was gone for nearly a week. He'll have things to catch up on. You and I, we'll just have to make ourselves useful while he's busy, yeah?"

I nodded and ate as little as I could get away with before we were led by Al'iya to the front courtyard. She was chattering in Akari, and Sage seemed to catch a few words, but I was at a complete loss. I stayed near Sage until I realized why we were there.

Warlord Geir and his mate were taking Jude and Harley back home with them, and Al'iya had led me to them to heal their souls just one more time.

I moved out from behind Sage, kneeling to hug the children, who clung to me as if I were a lifeline. The prince exchanged a look with the Warlord, but they let me love on their new children for what I knew would be the last time. They— they would grow up and live long and happy lives with two fathers who adored them. I...I had a few days left, at most.

I hummed for a few minutes but let them go to their fathers before too long. They both had healed and acclimated well, and I was grateful for whatever deity had given me my power; that I was able to help heal, in some small part, the evil my father had spread.

When the little cart was out of sight, we were dragged by Al'iya to a hut only a meter from Ember's home. For the rest of the afternoon, I sat with Al'iya, Brin, Bek, and Tristan near the home Bek had been adopted into. We sat in a circle and wove the thatched roof for the room Count, Fern, and Sage were building onto the hut for Bek.

When Sage had first offered his help with building, Brin had voiced Count and Fern's hesitation at a soldier building their home.

"It's not that they don't want your help, Sage," Brin was quick to reassure. "But it's dirty, hard work, and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. And neither can truly teach you, because of the barrier of language between you."

Far From Home Two: The Monster's Heir-- a M/M/M fantasy romanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara