Chapter 28 - Miss you

Marcus's POV

"You will find her. She isn't an ordinary woman. She is the future queen of this country, and she is carrying my child, the heir to the Swedish throne, the Prince of Sweden." I snapped firmly. "You will find her before that damned crazy harm them." I added, frustrated.

It had been a week since they kidnapped Alissa. The Royal Guards were searching for her, but we couldn't find her anywhere. Every passing minute made my heart tighten. It felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt devastated. Thinking of that something could happen to Alissa and my son gave me nightmares.

"Marcus, calm down. We will find her." My father reassured, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"It has been a week, Dad." I commented, frightened. "I..." I shook my head without finishing my sentence as my eyes welled up. "I am worried about her." I admitted.

"We will find her, Your Highness." The Minister promised, giving me a compassionate look.

After the meeting, my father and I went to the drawing room. My mother, Alissa's parents and Chad were here. When we informed her parents about it, they came to Sweden as soon as possible.

My father was informing them about what the Minister for Defence told us. Chad was pacing back and forth, frustrated while listening to my father. Meanwhile, I was sitting in the armchair, leaning my elbows on my thighs, lost in my thoughts.

"It is your fault." Chad snapped at me, running his hand through his hair." You couldn't protect her." He added angrily.

I looked at him without saying anything. What could I say? He was right. I couldn't protect my Alissa, my wife, my love.

"Chad, calm down." His father demanded.

"How?! They had even tried to poison her." He commented in frustration. "But this damned prince couldn't find who did it nor protect her." He snapped, pointing his finger at me. "He should be careful. But...Fuck you! How will you rule a country when you can not even protect your wife and unborn child?!" He added, giving me a loathing look.

"Chad, calm down!" His father demanded. "No one would want it." He added.

Chad gave a sarcastic look and rolled his eyes, annoyed.

I breathed deeply and stood up, facing him.

"Yes, you are right, Chad. I couldn't protect them. I shouldn't leave her side for a second. I am a fucking idiot." I commented, looking into eyes.

I couldn't protect my wife. I am the worst husband.

"Yes you are!" Chad agreed.

"Chad James Carter! Calm down. I will not warn you again." His father snapped.

"Dad, I will not calm down when my angel is in danger." Chad stated and looked at me, giving me a murderous glare. "Thanks to her reckless husband. He just babbles that he loves her. Bullshit!" He added in annoyance.

"Chad!" I warned him, frustrated.

It was the last straw. Yes, it was my fault that I couldn't protect Alissa, but no one could question my love towards her. I loved her so much.

"You can hate me or love. I am not interested in it, but I will not let you say that I don't love Alissa, nor I don't care about them." I stated firmly, looking into his eyes. "I will find them at all cost. Even I can give my life for them if it is necessary." I added confidently and stormed out, bumping into his shoulder.

As soon as I walked out, I breathed deeply, closing my eyes. I ran my hand through my hair and leaned against the wall. I slid down against the wall and sat down on the floor.

 I slid down against the wall and sat down on the floor

Where are you, bambi?

I hit my head against the wall, clenching my fist.

"Don't give attention to him. He is just worried." Roland commented as he approached me.

"He is right. I couldn't protect my wife and baby." I mumbled, looking into space.

"Marcus, we know how much you love Alissa. You tried to protect her as much as possible. Don't be so hard on yourself!" He said, giving me a compassionate look. "Now we should just think how we can find them. Nothing more." He added, giving me a sympathetic smile.

****

We were in the drawing room while waiting for some news. A day had passed, but we couldn't find where Alissa was. I felt helpless.

Suddenly, Chad's phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. He grabbed his phone and picked it up. It was his wife. She stayed in New York with their children, but she had kept calling Chad almost every hour, asking about if there was some news.

"Princess, yes...How is Ethan?" He asked, smiling as he walked towards the window, talking on the phone. "Is my little girl sleeping?" He asked softly, full of love and affection in his eyes. "Oh, give the phone to my boy." He added, smiling. "Hey, my boy. What are you doing?.....I missed you too....Yes, I will come back soon."

I was looking at Chad while he was talking to his son. I felt sad. I missed my Alissa. I was worried about them.

Can we find them?

I clenched my fist and stood up. I couldn't listen to his conversation anymore. It made my heart sink.

I tightened my grip around the railing while looking into space.

After staying in the open air for awhile, I went to the drawing room. There was no one here. Everyone went to have breakfast. My father insisted that I joined them telling me that I should eat something, but I refused. I didn't have an appetite.

I breathed deeply as I sat down on the couch and pulled Alissa's scarf out of my pocket. I held it tightly and smelt it, closing my eyes. It still smelt like my Alissa. Her perfume was still on it.

Damn it! I missed her so much.

I clenched my fist, holding the scarf tightly as tears ran down my cheeks.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching me. I wiped my tears off my cheeks quickly, trying to pull myself together. When I lifted my head, I saw Chad. I frowned and stood up.

"If you came to blame me, please, I am not in the mood." I confessed sadly. My voice was barely audible.