⠀⠀⠀• showers

warning; nudity, but nothing extreme

Work pissed you off—not only were your colleagues the worst people alive, you were also robbed of your free time, valuable time you could spend with your lovely girlfriend. You had to keep the job though—you wouldn’t be able to afford the place you lived in without it.

The ticking of the clock filled the silence in your little apartment. Valkyrie hadn’t arrived home yet—she was out at a friend, who struggled with their mental health and she had to be there for them. You admired that about her, her compassion for others. Valkyrie might come off as rough and rowdy the first time you lay eyes on her, but as you get to know her, she turns out to be the sweetest. She would quite literally do anything to keep you safe.

Five o’clock. Valkyrie should he home in a few minutes. You crashed on the couch, taking off your jacket and your socks, throwing them on the chair at the dinner table. Your clothes sticked to your skin as you were sweaty, tired and exhausted of work and dealing with the people at work. You were about to pass out when the door flew open, revealing Valkyrie, whose hair looked like a bird’s nest—there were small branches and leaves stuck in her hair, not to mention, her curls were a mess. You gave her a weak smile from the couch as she closed the door behind her.

"Well, you look good," Valkyrie commented on your red face, sweat dripping from your forehead. You scoffed and pointed at her hair.

"You look better."

The woman picked out the tiny branches of her hair and ruffled through her locks to shake out the leaves. "I might have fallen down inside the bushes while I was walking," Valkyrie said, taking off her dirty shawl, throwing it in the laundry basket. "That wasn’t so fun to experience."

A chuckle escaped your mouth and you stood up to walk to the bathroom. You longed for a nice shower. Your head turned to Valkyrie, who seemed to immediately understand your intention.

"I guess you really do need a shower," she smirked and you eyed her from head to toe, giving her a sly smile back.

"I’ll only let you talk when you wash that bird’s nest out of your hair," you answered. You turned on the lights of the bathroom, the bright white walls almost blinding you. Your living room’s right was dim and the brightest light in your apartment was the bathroom’s. You didn’t know why—perhaps it was time to change the light bulbs.

While seeing Valkyrie behind you in the mirror, you took off your shirt and dropped it on the ground. It felt refreshing—after hours of labouring and enduring your co-workers’ crappy remarks, you could finally take off the shirt you’d worn all day. Something else that was refreshing was the look on Valkyrie’s face—besides her red cheeks, her lips showed a smile of pride as her eyes went all over your body. Undressing in front of Valkyrie wasn’t an uncommon thing for you anymore—you could feel her gaze over you. Valkyrie watched in amazement, as if every time you undressed was the first time she saw. After you were finally butt naked, you snapped your fingers in front of her face, before stepping in the shower.

"I thought we were taking a shower together," you said. Valkyrie finally snapped out of her thoughts and her face turned redder than before.

"Ah, crap, was I staring?" The smirk was to hide her fluster, but you could see right through it. You shrugged with a smile and set the water to a right temperature. It wasn’t long before Valkyrie joined you under the shower and you noticed a difference in her arms. You touched her biceps, slowly caressing over them as the water flowed over her skin.

"Have you been working out?"

She grinned, immediately flexing in front of you. "Getting my friend back in shape means getting myself back in shape, too," Valkyrie answered. "You should come to the gym with me sometime."

You furrowed your eyebrows. "I’m too lazy to work out," you answered.

"No problem. You can just watch me work out."

Your imagination ran wild as you pictured days at the gym together with Valkyrie. The place would be flooded by your drool by the end the day. You chuckled. Valkyrie tilted her head as she looked at you.

"What?" she asked.

You shook your head, reaching out for the shampoo bottle. "Let’s get that nest out of your hair, babe," you smiled, pouring a little bit of shampoo on your hand before rubbing it in Valkyrie’s hair. You massaged her head and she seemed to melt under the sensation—you two barely had any showers together and the way it made you feel was kind of indescribable. The shampoo foam gathered on Valkyrie’s head and you tried to shape it like a hat. You giggled at the sight of it, Valkyrie letting out a scoff.

"Oh you," she chuckled, watching as you grabbed the soap to wash your own body. As soon as you were done with the front, Valkyrie held out her hand. "Lemme do the back," she said. You gave her the soap. Before she started rubbing the soap on your back, she trailed her fingers on your skin—you shivered. But it felt good. After a minute or so, she suddenly pulled you back, against her own body. A hug from behind, something you were weak for, something that always took you by surprise. Her skin on yours always gave you a safe feeling—you were close to her, she was holding you and there was nowhere you two would go without each other.

Valkyrie kissed the back of your collarbone, her lips curving in a smile. "I love you," she whispered. Her voice almost got lost in the ticking of the water on the floor, but you could hear her clearly. The warm water flowing over your skin as Valkyrie kissed your back felt euphoric—you were pretty sure Valkyrie was an angel sent by God himself. Well, technically, she was a warrior soldier sent by the god of thunder to Earth.

Finally, you felt the slippery soap over your back and Valkyrie’s hands massaging every inch of it. "You feel good?" she asked, rubbing your shoulders. "Relax. You’re not at work anymore."

It took her a few minutes to get the soap everywhere and wash it out again, mainly because Valkyrie was being slow on purpose—she knew you loved it and she knew she loved it, too. When she finished, you turned around and immediately leaned forward, your face mere millimeters away from hers. You looked at her lips.

"You haven’t drunk anything today, have you?" you asked.

"Not a sip, ma’am," Valkyrie smirked, but you wiped it off her face as soon as you pressed your lips onto hers, your arms swinging around her neck. She held you by your waist, tracing circles right above your butt—you felt the tingles in your chest. Your tongues twirled around each other, Valkyrie exploring your mouth wildly, yet with patience and comfort. Your eyebrows furrowed as Valkyrie brought her hands along your sides, barely touching you, yet able to leave you quiver under her touch.

You pulled away, but still had your eyes closed. You buried your face in the crook of Valkyrie’s neck and sighed. Valkyrie shuddered.

"That tickles!" she exclaimed, though she did not push you off of her. She still kept you close.

A long time passed—you weren’t sure if they were minutes or hours, but it felt long. Good, though—it was wonderful. You let go of your girlfriend and turned off the shower, clearing your throat as you saw the water stop pouring down. "We’ve wasted a lot of water," you mumbled, stepping out the shower to find a towel. You tossed one at Valkyrie.

"It was worth it, though," she answered, drying off her hair. Valkyrie wrapped the towel around her body and gave you a quick peck on your lips. "Maybe you want to continue that in bed?"

Valkyrie smirked at you for blushing and walked out of the bathroom. You scoffed and shook your head, following her with only a towel over your head. You didn’t bother to put on any underwear, because you wouldn’t need them the rest of the night.