Chapter 20: Friends

This chapter was fun. More Bucky  Fluff cause well  Bucky  ❤️ 

===================== 

Bucky's words were still suck in Renee's head. She smiles for the cameras and such as August's hand rests on her hip. She smiles as they walk around and mingle.

 She smiles as they walk around and mingle

"August?" Renee quietly asks. August turns and smiles at her.

"Yes?" Renee takes his arm as she guides him out to the balcony.

"You do know we are just friends, right? That we aren't dating or a couple." August eyes her as he takes a breath.

" August eyes her as he takes a breath

"I know... I just hoped maybe we were finally moving forward and maybe finally being a couple." Renee closes her eyes as she looks at him.

"I'm sorry August I just... I like doing these events with you but I just... I know you said that you never meant what you said but I still don't know my heart is all confused and it hurts and I just.. I've two men in my life and both have broken my heart and I'm scared to let you again. I'm scared that you'll break me again."

August takes a breath as he pulls her close into a hug. He rubs her back and kisses her head.

"I never wanted to hurt you; you were always my bright light. When I had nothing, I had you. When I met you, you were cute, and you stole my ice cream. I was smitten at age 10." Renee smiles but sighs.

"We have a history we do... I just don't know August." He nods his head as he sighs.

"I'll wait." Renee looks up at him.

"Don't please find someone, move on." August just chuckles as he stares in her eyes.

"I'll try. I wish I could rewind time and this never happened." He whispers. Renee just smiles small.

"Sometimes things happen for a reason August."

===================

Renee grumbles as she gets the door open her feet hurt she hated wearing heels she was done. This dress was driving her nuts. She stumbles inside.