Chapter 10 (Epilogue)

The day of my wedding finally arrives, as I dress, I stare into the mirror smiling at the full set of lingerie that I picked out for Ezekiel's gift. Pulling on my robe, I sit down and talk, with Samantha, I invited her to be in my wedding. We quickly became friends. She helps me pull my hair into a sock bun, keeping a few tendrils to hang, framing my face elegantly. I decide that I don't want to add any makeup, beside some peach chapstick and mascara.

I add the simple earrings, they are a navy blue stone surrounded by diamonds; simplistic, they are special. They belonged to Maria. While things turned very strange and restrained towards the end of her life, she was still a major part of me. She helped me become the person I am today. She has been friends of my family ever since the day I was born. I was born prematurely - she helped guide my parents in that hard time.

After pulling on my dress I give a soft and slow spin. I add my heels, I grab my bouquet. I look down at my nails I had them done yesterday with Samantha, I smile at the royal blue, with one accent of maroon, the jewels and designs making me smile, as the maroon nail has a wolf painted on, one jewel for the eyes. As I look up I see that my mother has tears gathering in her eyes, making me walk and hug her. "My baby is all grown up! And she looks like a queen!"

I hug her tighter, before shaking myself. "Momma I'm not supposed to cry yet!" I tease her making her grin. I can feel the tears threaten to spill over my cheeks, as she is crying. I smile at her - the only thing that could make this better would be if Maria was here.

My father choses that moment to walk in. "Baby girl, you look stunning. Ezekiel is going to have a difficult time keeping his hands to himself. You will have his full attention." My smile brighten as I glance at Elizabeth, as we both know that it won't just be Ezekiel's attention I will have. I giggle softly thinking of Handsome her smile widens as she winks at me.

"You guys are so sweet, thank you for helping. It means everything." I feel myself becoming emotional. After gathering ourselves we finally make our way to where the ceremony is being held. I watch as everyone begins to walk down the aisle, looking up as my father gives me his arm to hold. I prepare myself for the slow walk down the aisle, waiting for the moment I can see Ezekiel.

As the music comes on, I blush softly as I realize that this is the beginning to forever. Turning the corner, my eyes immediately fall to Ezekiel, I watch as his eyes slowly drift over my body before settling on my face. I don't even notice anyone or the petals that are falling as I walk down the aisle. All that I see is Ezekiel's handsome face. I noticed his eyes change to Handsome's eyes briefly, telling me that I have their full attention. I barely focus as the priest reads through the ceremony, Ezekiel evoces my tears at his vows.

I vaguely hear the priest say "You may now kiss the bride". We both smile into the kiss as one single tear shed from both of our eyes simultaneously. I sigh deeply into the kiss, wedded bliss already settling over me. The loud cheers dragging me back to the present as we pull apart I can see his eyes glitter.

Nothing can explain what I am feeling as I look into his eyes. I know that this is the start of my fairy tale - where my prince charming, while beastly. Is perfect for me, providing me with everything I could ever want. The family we want to start, I can't wait to hear the pitter-patter of their small feet as they run through the halls of our home.

Turning we face the guest and begin the walk back down the aisle, this time together. The flower petals glide gracefully down on us as the guest show their enthusiasm. Hearing the wolf whistles from his friends and family makes me laugh out as I know the true meaning to it. He follows my lead laughing as well shaking his head at them.

Leaving the venue we go to the sanctuary for a grand opening along with our reception for our wedding. I decided that since this is where we met in the first place, it should be a gift that is cherished. The sanctuary meant so much to me before Ezekiel - but now? Well now it means so much more Standing on the steps I look over at the audience of people who have gathered not only for the grand opening but for the party I smile at them all.

Seeing them talk amongst each other - lean up against Ezekiel, feeling his arms wrap around me. I look over at the pasture, seeing the lean too, where it all started. Well the human relationship, smiling secretly I leaned up and kissed him. The pastures now have more than the two horses and one goat.The place is flourishing in front of my eyes, making me happier than ever.

Turning my head - I look at the plaque that had been placed in honor of Maria. Smiling sadly I look up at the sky wondering if she is watching over me know. Would she be proud of me? Looking back over the crowd I realize a very important lesson. No matter how much time you spend looking back and thinking on questions you didn't ask in the moment. Those questions can't be answered in the present - you can only move on, and ask the important ones in the present.

The man I love stands close to me watching over everything, we move inside the sanctuary. Allowing people inside to look around and fully enjoy the place. This truly makes me happy, everything around me, is what is important. I watch siblings run around the play area, petting the cats and dogs that have been brought in - with the hopes of being adopted.