Alice Out of Wonderland

“Hey it's Alice...and the time is 1:30 in the morning. I know it's late but I need to tell you. Something nobody knows. Something I've been afraid of for the longest time. Lewis, I am so sorry. For everything that I've ever done to hurt you."

"That was a horrible apology yet it says all it needs. I love you, Lewis, I really do. When we first met you were 17 and I was 10 at the time. To my young eyes you seemed so foreign and different it was exciting and riveting. Ever since that day I told you my dreams. To me today you still are the most magical and amazing thing I've ever seen. I've grown into a woman, Lewis. You stayed a man like you were when I first met you. I love you. I do. More than anything. I made this call to tell you everything and to ask you to don't do it. Just don't do what your going to do. I just know your absolutely crazy and will do something insane. I love you."

Lewis screams loud. The yell echoed though out his hollow halls. Barreling down the staircase to the kitchen where the cook slept lightly. Lewis took the answering machine in his shaking hands. 

And as if he were handling a baseball the small plastic box collided against the pale white walls. 

On contact the machine and the message left by Alice shattered on to the floor. Leaving only a dent in the drywall.

Lewis fell. He fell to the floor wishing the pain in his chest would stop. 

Please. Stop. The Voices begged. 

You love her. They told him. Then Jerk him to hate her again. 

Free me. He whimpered.

Hours passed while Lewis stayed crippled in the floor crying tears that tasted like poison.

From the other side of the room the wooden door squeaked open. The maid ran to his side checking his pulse and screaming for a doctor. 

Still Lewis laid unchanged on the floor. Unconscious or not he could still hear his heart beating and the pain in his heart.

It seemed like days passed before the door squeaked open again. Lewis lays unresponsive now on the four posted bed after being transported by the Gardner and the doctors stinging hands.

Lewis was used to the constant visits from his family and his employes by now. Yet lately the visits became less and less. 

This time the door open just a sliver and the footsteps were light. It sounded like a fairy just waltzed into his room. But he knew that was imposable.

The soft feet stopped at his bed side. A hand went to his face, stroking it lovingly as the person made a tsking sound. 

He stilled. His heart and his thoughts became nonexistent.

"My Oh my, Lewis Carroll. What a mess you've gotten your self into!" By the sound of the young voice Lewis, automatically knew who was now kneeling at his bed. Alice.

"Alice." The name came from his lips it felt natural and calming so he repeated it a few times.

"Yes, Lewis?" Alice spoke with amusement leaking from her voice.

"Alice." He purred again placing his hand atop of hers.

"Should I kiss you to break the spell your under to wake you from this deep sleep? Like in the fairy tales, princess?" She asked. 

Only teasing, of course, she would never be so straight forward. Alice giggled that giggle she thought was stupid.

The small laugh made his hand tighten on hers. 

"You're so strong. I know you are. You are being such a dramatic. I'm here now I came all the way from Kingsbury just to see you. And here you are throwing a fit!" She paused.