1: One Step Ahead

Beads of sweat formed on her temples, running down her face and falling from her chin. Her breaths were low and ragged. It was a hard fight. She was outnumbered. Three against one usually wasn't this difficult, maybe it was because they happened to be old acquaintances... did she unknowingly soften up on them?

Time to shock them a little... knock them off their feet for a little bit. She thought, skidding to a halt and jumping high. Her three pursuers covered their eyes with their hands as the sun beamed so bright it stung their eyes.

Weaving the needed handsigns, she spoke. "Lightning Style: Chidori!"

Their eyes widened as the blue lightning flashed and crackled. Defending themselves, they braced themselves for the impact. She stuck the lightning to the ground, making the land ripple and shake. Dirt flew up and leaves and branches swirled around like they were trapped in a tornado.

They grit their teeth as one boy charges forward, a clone of him appearing behind him.

"Rasengan!"

Shoving his arm forward, he just missed the masked female as she teleported away.  She landed on a nearby tree branch, looking down at the group in front of her.  The boy grit his teeth, looking up at the female who acted as though they were worthless.

Hatake Kakashi—the leader of the group, held a hard gaze upon the female, analyzing her.  Blonde hair, purple eyes...

How did she know his signature jutsu

Much less, make it more powerful than it originally was?

The question going through all three of the heads was:

Who the hell was she?

"Who are you?!"  Someone yelled.  It was high-pitched and raging, but as well as confused and sorrowful.  Jade green eyes looked up in fury, making contact with cold lilac hues that brushed her off with an indifferent glance.

"So cruel... not even remembering your old classmate."  Eyes widened as she tore off her mask, venom dripping from the blonde's malicious smile as her mask drifted away into the wind.

"Sur-prise."

"A—Akahana?!"

The female by the name Akahana stared into naïve cerulean orbs.  "Yes, Naruto."

Sliding her eyes to the group, she spoke slowly, her sickening grin never leaving her lips.  "Kakashi-sensei... Sakura... hello."

"You're dead!  You died four years ago!"  Sakura screeched, her fingernails digging into the palms of her hands as her green irises flashed with fear under the menacing aura that surrounded the female.

The blonde narrowed her eyes, her patience thinning as the pinkette screeched at her from below.

"Then let me ask you this... Sakura."

Sakura's eyes widened, the tone of her voice was so icy and piercing, but the figure that was behind her shocked her even more.

"Did you see Akahana's dead body?"

The voice was manly.  Rough and cold.  Their presences together was bone-chilling and it tensed the air. 

"Sasuke!"

"Naruto—Sakura!"  Kakashi yelled.  "It's not Sasuke!"

"That sucks."  "Sasuke" was covered with a poof of smoke and when it disappeared, a well-known Akatsuki member was in his place.

"He saw right through us, A-chan."  Deidara slumped.  Akahana rolled her eyes.

"Not surprised.  You're terrible at this.  Only if it was just those two idiots—"