(6) Im here for you❤️

(Romans' pov)

Okay so perhaps the whole 'him and Virgil being friends' was a bit yo much of a stretch.
The two conflicting sides were fighting For multiple reasons throughout the courses of the past month
It started for many different reasons. Conflicting ideas, disagreements mostly stuff like that. Or with Roman yelling because of the music. Except this particular time Roman was actually awoken by the music.
At 3am.
He was peacefully stretched out on his stomach in a starfish position. When he head the lyrics being sung and he could practically feel the vibrations through the wall.
How Logan and Patton slept through all this hw would never understand.
"Bright lights will cast a shadow." The song blared. Roman groaned and buried is head back into his pillow.
"But can I speak" Roman turned around looking at the Ceiling cursing under his breath. "Is it hard to understand it."
Roman through himself of his bed and grabbed his spare earbuds.
He didn't bother knocking on the door. He opened it straight away and found Anxiety lying on his stomach on the floor. He had a thick black book that seemed to be stained in paints,colour pencils and various other artist supplies. In front of Virgil was a glass filled slightly with water and beside that were some small paint brushes. Also surrounding him were a ton of Colour pencils. And by ton Roman meant ton maybe two boxes worth. How someone needed so many he had no idea.
Anxiety was in his usual all black. Black pyjama Bottoms. He couldn't see what shirt he had on him because it was covered by his big black hoodie.

When Virgil realised what was going on and that 'Princey' as he now referred to Roman as he snapped the book lightning quick and tossed it under his bed.
"What do you want Princey." He snapped. "Why are you blasting that stupid music at 3am in the morning"? Virgil shrugged. "Well"? Roman snapped. "Do you not own a pair of earbuds"? Virgil looked away not answering. He almost looked upset.
That  infuriated  Roman even more. Was this guy seriously looking for sympathy? He threw his earbuds at Virgil. Not passed or tossed. Threw the earbuds at him and walked out of the room.
He stood outside the room and suddenly the music stopped.
Roman sighed in relief. Finally he'd get some peace.
He wondered why anxiety stayed up so late. He always complained about being tired and often woke up with pains in his back and neck. Most likely he passed out after a certain hour. He had a good bed why not just sleep on that when he got tired.

Roman hasn't realised how long he has been thinking about the situation when he looked over and his clock and it read
3:56
Roman groaned. He would be utterly exhausted tomorrow.
He wondered if Anxiety had managed to sleep? If he did was he on his bed safe and comfortable? Did he miss his room back with Romans brother and his best friend?
Roman groaned and pulled his pillow over his head. Why was he thinking so much about Anxiety? It was like his very on intrusive thought he couldn't get out of his head.
He turned onto his side and tried to distract himself with ideas for a new video but Anxiety was still at the back of his mind until he slowly drifted of to sleep.

"But why can't we adopt the dogs Logan?!" Patton whinged as the 4 sides sat at the kitchen table.
Well 3. Anxiety was sitting on the couch throwing in an occasional remark. "Because it's simply not practical Patton." Logan replied. "Look just imagine if"- "Thomas forgets about it and books a vacation away and the dog is left alone then has no food or water and dies off starvation?" Virgil said not looking at the other 3. Patton stared at him wide-eyed. "Although that's a bit extreme he has a point. Logan said. Roman looked at him shocked, but before he could speak Logan interrupted. "Thomas could forget to feed the dog or let it out when he runs errands leaving the dog unhappy, or filming videos it could be a bit of a distraction".
"So why don't we just stop making videos and get one then." Patton mumbled but you could tell he was kidding.
The 3 sides continued to talk for a while. "Anxiety"? Patton said looking over at the couch.
Roman peaked his head over at saw for himself. The Dark side was curled up in a ball fast asleep.
"Awww" Patton said. "Roman why don't you take him to his room so he can be a bit more comfortable"?
"Why me"? Roman said but actually not really protesting against the idea. "Aww please Roman"? Patton said giving the 'puppy dog eyes' as Logan would say. Roman rolled his eyes. "Fine". He pulled himself of the chair he was sitting on and made his way over to Anxiety.
He looked down at the sleeping side. He had no idea what to do. Wake him up?
But Patton said to take him to
His room so?
Roman gently slid a hand around Anxiety's upper back and the other at the back of his knees until he was able to pull him closer to him and pick him up bridal style. He pulled him close resting his head against his chest so his head wouldn't lob back and hurt him.
Roman glanced over at Patton who was acting like a total fan girl and Logan who had a slight smirk Upon his lips.
Roman rolled his eyes. So much for 'not getting close to Anxiety' because he was almost certain he couldn't get any closer then this.
He walked down the hall and a slowish pace making sure not to wake Anxiety up. He by some miracle managed to open the door to Anxiety bedroom.
He walked in and gently placed the sleeping side upon the bed.
As he turned around to go back to the kitchen he heard faint grunts and groans.
"No". Anxiety grumbled, tossing in his sleep. "No"!
Roman turned back around. No what?
He saw anxiety kicking and tossing. He walked over and got down on his knees beside the bed.
"Anxiety". He said gently shaking his shoulder. "Anxiety wake up". The side opened his eyes. He saw Roman. He started looking around and his breath became coming very quickly. Almost like he was about to have a Panic attack.
"Hey, hey what's wrong"? Roman said now very concerned.
"I-I" Anxiety Began But his words were cut short when he let a huge sob.
That caught Roman of guard. He'd never seen Anxiety like that. So venerable and scared.
Roman pulled himself up and sat beside Anxiety on the bed. He put his hands on his shoulder and looked him in the eye.
"It's okay Anxiety". The side looked up at him. The sight was enough to make Romans heart turn. Sure he hated Anxiety. He couldn't stand him most of the time. He was a dark side. The bad part of Thomas next to Deceit and Remus. He didn't deserve sympathy or comfort.
But looking at him now his hair tangled him gripping onto his chest like his heart was about to burst out of his chest. His eyes and cheeks were stained with tears.
Before Roman knew what he was doing he ran his thumb wiping away the tears.
"I'm here for you okay"?
They looked at each other. Roman couldn't believe he had just said that. It looked like Virgil couldn't either.
And then before Roman knew what was going on Anxiety threw his arms around Romans neck and buried his face into chest and sobbed.
Roman warped his arms around his waste and returned the hug.
"Thank you". Anxiety said quietly and in a shaky voice.
Roman said nothing but squeezed him harder.

They stayed like that for a while. Eventually Anxiety fell back asleep. Roman didn't want to leave him in case something happened again but after a while he knew he had to leave.

He was going to go back to help with Logan and Patton but when he reached the Kitchen he saw the pair cuddled up in the sofa watching 'Up' Patton's favourite movie. Roman smiled to himself. They really were adorable.
He walked back down the hall and opened the door in his room.
For once he couldn't think of ideas. He only had one thing on his mind.
Well one person that was.
And as he lay on his bed he had no idea how on earth he would get him out of his head.

And if he was to be fully truthful.

He didn't want to.