Imagine Kíli

You walk the long stone halls of your home in the Blue Mountains, the sound of your feet and many others echoing around you in the high vaulted hall. You are a messager going between the halls of Dain and of Thorin. You are exceptionally well at it too, you keep each group well informed of each other, and you enjoy traveling between the halls.

The stone floor is slippery from other dwarves treading upon it with their clunky wet boots coming in and out from the snow. This makes it rather difficult to walk across with several scrolls crushed and pressed up against you, in an attempt to keep them off the ground. You cannot see with this huge mound of papers in your arms. And with a small yelp, you unexpectedly slip and fall on your backside, your scrolls fall and scatter everywhere on the cold, wet floor. Exasperated and in pain you get up, rubbing that now sore spot on your tailbone, and you feel someone grab your arm and help you up.

You look up and see Kíli, the nephew of Thorin, the leader of the Blue Mountains. He grips your elbow and your shoulder, trying to help you balance once again on the slippery floor.

He smiles at you and pauses to look at you for the briefest moment, in a way that sent shivers up your spine; not because of the cold either, even though the hall was very cold and damp. Then the young dwarf bends down to help pick up your scrolls, saying nothing. Stunned for a second from both the fall and after Kíli looked at you with that smile of his, you realize you hadn't uttered a sound at all. You muttered a quick "thank you," then you quickly help him gather the disappointing wet scrolls as well.

He raises his head with his arms full of scrolls, "Oh, it's no problem." he said with shy smile, "I've seen you here before, what do you do?"

"I'm a messager." You say, with an equal amount is damp paper in your arms. You mentally kick yourself for having such a short, curt reply to the kind...and handsome dwarf. Somehow all your language skills have flown right out the window.

"Can I help you carry these? Where are you off to?" He asks, flashing yet another sincere smile your way.

You smile back, "I am off to the library, and thanks." You answer brightly, happy that you actually said something at least a little more conversational.

"So, Y/N, do you like it here? It's not as good Dain's halls, but we are getting there! Blasted dragon." He mutters the last sentence under his breath, as he walked beside you, his gate slower as you bother were laden with paper and avoiding the wet puddles on the floor.

You are surprised that he knew your name, "How do you know my name?" You ask, turning a corner of the hallway, again you mentally kick yourself for maybe being too blunt in the way you said it, but you wanted to know, you've never formally met him before.

You see him color and look down at his boots, as if they suddenly became so very interesting. A question forms in your mind, and a statement, why is he blushing like he's embarrassed? And he looks so cute when he was blushing! Finally you ask aloud, "What's wrong?" Looking at him with a suppressed smile fighting to play on your lips. he really looked adorable as the red found its way past his beard and to his cheeks.

"Um. Well.." He says hesitantly, biting his lip, your eyes rest on those lips, unconsciously wanting to know what they'd feel like, "let's just say I know you and you don't know it." He says avoiding your eyes.

You raise your eyebrows silent for a moment, then you ask, "You have been watching me?" Fear, and perhaps excitement start to find their way into your stomach, fluttering here and there. You have to admit even though you are feeling great that he has an interest in you, you can but help think that this is a little strange.

"No, I have just...noticed you, Y/N." He says carefully.

"For how long?" You ask.

You get to your destination, the library, and you dump the heaps of wet scrolls on top of a wooden table, you start re-roll the more dry ones, Kíli following suit. "I don't know, I have just noticed you." He unwillingly answered, even if you call that an answer. he looks up for a moment, studying you face without you knowing. what he saw was a girl who finally noticed him, he had been admiring you from afar for years, every time you came to these halls he was always happy to see your smiling face and your small hands moving animately as you spoke to his uncle or whomever at that moment. He never had the courage to speak to you, strange though, he was often called courageous, foolish even. But he was so careful in regards to you. What if you had rejected him completely?

As you put the scrolls in order, you could sense that he was looking at you ...again... you feel his eyes rove over you. You decide he won't answer straight no matter how much you press, it's obvious that he was embarrassed that he admitted that in the first place.

"How is your uncle, Kíli? Still getting over that cold?" You ask, smirking, changing the subject.

"Still moaning and groaning, he is a poor patient," He laughs.

You smile and go on, "I need to talk to him at some point, all the time I was here I haven't been able to get to him yet."

You approach a taller book/scroll case, trying to jump to reach a high shelf to place the scroll. Kíli then plucks the scroll from your hand and reaches up, but even though he is slightly taller then you, he still cannot reach the shelf either. You look around for a stool, though, you cannot find one, so you grab the scroll back from him, and climb a few shelves up to act as your ladder. "Woah, careful now." He warned, putting his hands on your waist, keeping you stable as you finally get the scroll to its home.

You hop down and Kíli is still holding your waist, his eyes resting on your face, and after awhile he finally says, "I'd like us to spend more time together, perhaps we could do something later this evening?"

You think for a moment, you are interested in this dwarf prince, why shouldn't you? You blush and accept.

As he saunters away down the stone hall, he cannot stop grinning and you notice you can't either.

THE END

yay or nay?

this is like really super old, I've written this about 3 years ago, and tbh I still like it. which is weird bc I hate my stories and art. anyway. please request if you'd like.