Bonus | 01

Freshman year of college, spring semester

Sam Knight

Mason screaming in my face was doing nothing to soothe my pounding headache. In fact, it was just making it worse.

"Can we talk about this later?" I stupidly asked, causing steam to come out of Mason's ears.

"Talk about it later? Talk about the fact that you let some girl dance all over you last night later?" he screeched. The loud volume made me bring my hands up to hold my head.

This was why I didn't drink. I did stupid shit and then got punished with a killer hangover. It really wasn't worth it.

"It was nothing, Mase," I tried to assure him, but it only made him angrier.

He stood in front of me with his hands on his hips while I sat down on our bed.

"It wasn't nothing, Samuel!" he exclaimed.

Here we go with the full name.

"I was drunk and I don't even remember it," I truthfully told him, rubbing my temples.

"That's not an excuse," Mason hissed.

I groaned and threw myself back on the bed.

"It was just dancing, Mason," I let out with a heavy sigh.

Mason sent me a look of disgust before shaking his head and turning around to walk out of the room. I let out another groan and picked myself up out of bed, following him into the main area of our suite where Pete and Bella were watching TV.

"Can you chill please?" I questioned in a rude tone.

I wasn't in the mood to fight with him, but I didn't want him storming out on me either.

"No, I won't chill!" Mason fought back.

Pete and Bella just stared at us with strange expressions.

"It's not a big deal, Mase!" I exclaimed. "I don't know why you're so upset!"

Mason's face turned red and he looked as if he wanted to punch me.

"You don't understand why I'm mad at you for letting some girl grind all over you?" Mason spat. "I'm mad because that's basically cheating!"

His words caused my temper to flare and my anger soon matched his.

"No it's not!" I shouted. "And I'm pissed that you're even accusing me of that."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Pete stand and motion for Bella to follow him. The two of them left the common room and disappeared into Pete's and Ross's bedroom.

"And I'm pissed that you let some girl hang all over you!" Mason angrily responded.

The shouting caused my head to pound even more. I couldn't take this anymore. I needed to get out of here.

"Fine. If you're so mad at me, I'll just leave," I told him with a glare.

"Fine!"

And with that I was walking out of the suite, slamming the door behind me.

***

Mason Maloney

"So I take it Sam didn't like you confronting him about the party," Bella said as she walked out of Pete's room and sat down next to me on the couch.

I was still so angry from our fight, my breaths heavy and uneven.

"He's stupid," I complained. "So stupid."