4 ; Love

"Give me a reason to love you,
Give me a reason to be a woman."
- P

~

*smut warning

Your P.O.V

It was a late, starry night.

It was the last peaceful, evening of the week.

I decided to take a stroll down the simple street of Birmingham. My husband, Arthur Shelby, was on a last minute trip away in London. I felt rather lonely and bored, I felt that maybe taking my legs for a nice stretch would put me mind at ease, erasing the heavy feeling my shoulders felt each time Arthur was away.

I was aware of the line of work Arthur was in. If anything, I am apart of that line of work. I grew up beside the family, since children. They were there for me when my father passed away from natural causes and my mother of grief. I was for them after they returned from the war, supportive of the Shelby family once their line of work began.

I protected little Finn when he was a young boy.

Polly mentored me into becoming the strong woman I am today.

The feelings, the intensity, the heart-wrenching emotions. They were always there for Arthur, my heart was set loyal to that man the took my first kiss in the fields while I eyed him with love in my eyes. Seeing him drunkly shove his feelings down with drinks and in with woman, my heart aches knowing that he could never view me the way I did yet I still took care of him when he would come in the building with a swollen face.

Always claiming he left the other guy in worse condition.

One night, he came in with dazed eyed and fuzzy mind claiming his love for me. He never came forward before, feeling as if he wasn't right for me. I brushed his words from piercing my heart further, knowing the next morning he'd wake up not remembering the words of the night before.

But that same night, waltzing into my office with a dry throat and teary eyes. He begged of me to never leave him, feeling as if his words were to push me away.

I than knew his heart was true to me.

So I let him know my heart was true to him.

Our story started since, proposing to me in the fields months after our confessions, where I first fell in love with him when we shared a sweet kiss.

Tommy and John both walked me down the aisle as Finn stood with a toothy grin plastered on his face next to his Aunt. The ceremony went by peacefully, the next day's filled with passionate, steamy filled nights.

We would have tough discussions that would lead to tad arguments but we'd always come back to each other with open arms and warm lips.

I couldn't help but feel rather guilty for feeling worried since I drove him away to London for the week. Tommy only advised Arthur that he was leaving, no offer was placed in his hand but that night when we went out for drinks and a dance at the Garrison, heat brewed.

A gentlemen who stopped by Birmingham on his way to West Bromwich, made a pit stop at the infamous pub. The night was crowded, bodies pushing against bodies. He had bumped into me, his hand accidentally grazing an intimate part of my body. He apologized dearly and quite overly, his words seemed rather more towards Arthur rather than me.