57.

Fred and George did what they did best and got Hogwarts laughing again. Through the pettiest of pranks, the twins had chosen Professor Umbridge as their new prodigy. Not only was it good for advertising their products for their shop, they were able to give the woman all kinds of hell. The Slytherins had also been caught up in the crossfire; the Inquisitive Squad (a group of Slytherins that Umbridge had put in place as her own personal police) tried dishing out detentions to the twins but had failed miserably. They wouldn't be able to get a word out before Fred would tuck a Bombstastic Bomb into their robes and disappear, leaving Malfoy, Montague or Parkinson in the middle of an explosion.

The other Professors seemed to be enjoying Umbridge's misfortune. Professor McGonagall turned a blind eye when her Gryffindors laughed and planted their traps around the school. She even warned the other Professors where the pranks were in order to avoid them, leaving Umbridge as the only one who wasn't aware what was around the next corner. No detentions were given because Fred and George were never caught. If they were to be told to meet Umbridge in the evening for a detention, they just wouldn't turn up. They stopped going to her class completely, which both relieved and irritated the woman.

Blair had been worried for a moment that the two didn't realise that they were ruining their chances of ever graduating. With how much power Umbridge had, she could kick the two out before they'd even take their end of year exams. But when Blair went to confront the two and open their eyes, she found that they were already wide open and blinking continuously.

"Are you sure you know what you're both doing?" she put her hands together and stared down at the two. She had pulled them to the sofa in the Gryffindor common room and sat them down; refusing to let them leave until she'd settled her conscience with them.

"Of course we do, sweetheart. We wouldn't be doing this with a blindfold on," George chuckled, causing his brother to hitch a lopsided smile onto his lips.

"But... you know she'll make sure you guys don't graduate, right?" she hated to be the stick in the mud and feel like she was being the downer on their dreams. But she would hate to see their faces drop at the end of the year when Umbridge stood up with her smug, toad-like face and say that they will not receive their certificates that say that they had completed Wizarding school.

"You think we care?" Fred shrugged, shocking Blair with his scoff and the roll of his eyes. "You don't need a certificate to run a joke shop. We don't care about graduating anymore."

"I don't think we did in the first place."

Blair bit her lip at their lack of concern for their education. It was no secret that they were the jokesters of the school that didn't do their homework and failed tests without a care. But Blair knew of their potential that was so overlooked. In order to produce all their inventions, they had to have had some intelligence and confidence in their academia. If they really cared for their school work, they could be challenging Hermione (keeping in mind that she is two years below them). George can cast wordless magic which has to require some brain activity at least. And she was sure that he had been teaching Fred, since she had seen him silent during DA lessons when casting the summoning charm.

When it came around to the next DA lesson, they had been practicing the reductor curse. Harry was impressed by the improvement of the class as everyone had been able to disarm, protect, summon and curse. If they were to have their O.W.L's tomorrow, everyone would surely pass with an Outstanding on their report cards. It was uplifting to see so many of his friends as well as those he thought were against him, succeeding from his teaching and being happy to learn.

"Can you stop taking my wand from me?!" Ron seethed as his wand flew out of his hand and land in Fred's.

"Why don't you summon it back then?" he sassed.