CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Anyone have any song or quote suggestions because I have none

Me and Jackson continued to work on the project as the week went on. We were at the end of our books and we're going to start the poster on Monday since today is Fridays.

I got my paycheck today and it's usually around $40 which is fine for me. I work from 3:00 to 7:00 and usually get $10 an hour.

It was the same routine each day, I would go to school, go to work, then I would work until around 9:00 with him. I have been going over his house more and he's been in mine once and I felt really comfortable around him and even his friends.

I think for me I have to be around someone a couple times and for a while each time for me to get less antisocial around them. I can't just meet them and automatically I'm friends, it's just awkward that way for me.

I'm really introverted and I've spent the last couple years alone and it's hard to just be with someone and act like I've known them for a long time, it's just awkward.

But around Jackson I can be myself, he's seen me in ways no one else has, as damaged and happy. I feel like I don't have to hide around him because I know that he has seen me at my worst and best and I know my real self is in between.

Well I hope.

I don't feel scared around him either, it's like all my worries and insecurities wash away when I'm near him and I love it. I don't even know why they disappear when I'm around him, it's like I can't think properly and that I don't want to. It feels nice and something I've never felt before.

It's exhilarating.

Plus I'm getting close to his friends and I'm more comfortable around them now, they keep shipping me and Jackson though and it's getting on my nerves. They are great people and I know that's just how they interact.

I feel like every time I'm around him my little crush increases more. Jackson is the perfect package in more ways than one, he's nice and he's nice to me, he's smart and really good looking. He has the perfect life too that I've always wished it would come back for me. He was just perfect, specially in my eyes.

We were currently in his room on the floor reading and taking notes, occasionally starting up a new conversation.

"Hey, my family is hosting a Halloween party on Well Halloween and I was wondering if you and your dad would like to come to it, we all are a little too old to be going trick or treating now. It would be good to do something though" he mentioned.

"I think I'll be able to but probably not my uncle" I nodded my head.

I haven't gone trick or treating in eight years and I've always sat inside and delivered candy to kids while my uncle was out. He was never around during holidays, he never wanted to spend it with me he said.

Christmas and thanksgiving he would leave for about three weeks and he's usually pretty mad when he comes back.

I know it's strange but I liked when I had the house to myself, even if it was the holidays. I could sing songs as loud as my heart desired and I wasn't scared to leave my room. I wouldn't get any bruises and I wouldn't have his words ringing in my ears ever wrong step. I liked not getting threatened to be killed every day.

It was always relaxing.

I never knew where he would go during the holidays, but if I had any other family, I would love to know about it.

He usually leaves randomly around the holiday, I never know when he's going to but usually he's gone way before the holiday starts so I'm guessing he'll leave soon.

I missed getting presents every Christmas and eating everything I wanted to when I was little. I missed Fourth of July where we would go to the middle school and watch the fireworks because it was the perfect view.

My grandmothers birthday was on the Fourth of July but her and my grandfather, my fathers parents, were too old to take care of me, that I might as well be with my uncle now in stead of later.

My other grandparents, my mothers parents, are complicated. My grandma died when I was seven from cancer and my grandfather is scared to drive over bridges or far places and if I ever wanted to see him then I would have to drive myself there.

He also has a little heart problem and it's just not safe.

He used to call me shrimp and I always hated it but now all I want is to hear it again.

I really miss them.

I never spent the holidays with my mothers side of the family but I always was with my dads parents.

Every Christmas me and my brothers and parents would go up to their house and spend the night and celebrate. Thanksgiving was just an at home holiday.

Holidays were always important to me but now they are like every other day in this house, cold, depressing, and lonely and I would love to spend it elsewhere.

My uncle has been calmer these last few days, he does occasionally insult me or slap me but never hard enough to leave a bruise. Hopefully he stays this way because I'm getting really lucky now.

I really don't want Jackson to find out, I don't want him to leave me. It's literally only been like a week or so but I'm closer to him than any other person and if he leaves than it would be like hearing every goodbye all at once and I don't think I can handle that.

I may be weak but he is making me stronger even if he doesn't actually realize it.