Chapter II

II

II. The Martells

273 A.C.

Dressed in red and gold as the winds whipped about, Livia stood facing the nearing Dornish ship.

"Your father would be proud of what you've accomplished," Genna said to her.

Livia only smiled and nodded her head in turn. It's not as if her father would congratulate her for planning this, it was just another thing she had done. It was ordinary for her.

She could win a battle and her father would even find some kind of flaw with her plans.

It was endless but it was expected.

Before anything else could enter her mind, people dressed in orange and sunbursts had exited the ship.

The Martells. The Princess Loreza of Dorne looked every bit as regal as people said she was and her children, Elia and Oberyn were a reflection of her. They all had the same dark hair and dark eyes, their skin reflected a Dornish glow so different from Livia's own porcelain skin.

Livia plastered a smile on her face, greeting them as they approached. "I welcome you to Casterly Rock, Princess Loreza, my esteemed guests." She said, dipping into a quick curtsey.

Princess Loreza surveyed her, regarding her quickly. "You have your mother's smile."

Livia smiled sadly, it was bittersweet to be reminded of her mother whenever she would look into a mirror. "Yes, and my father's eyes, or so I've been told."

The princess of Dorne stepped closer, placing her hands on Livia's cheeks. "Beautiful girl. You're both your father and your mother, I see that now, Lady Livia. Just as your mother had said."

"It is a great mantle to carry." Livia said, making the princess laugh in glee at the young girl's wisdom despite her age.

"Indeed." Princess Loreza agreed. "May I present my daughter, Elia and my son, Oberyn."

Elia stepped forward, clearly older than Livia despite their nearness in age. "Lady Livia, it is a pleasure to finally meet you."

"And I, you." Livia greeted, clasping her hands with the Dornish princess.

"My mother is right, Lady Livia. You are very beautiful. Every bit a lion." Oberyn's voice rang out, making Livia turn to him.

From his smirk, Livia gathered that he was a charmer, she knew that from the start. He reminded her of her own uncle Gerion, playful and amusing. The thought exhibited a small smile from her.

"Thank you, my prince. You flatter me with your words." Livia answered as Oberyn took her hand and placed a kiss upon it.

"Lady Livia, may I ask where your Lord Father is that I may speak to him?" Princess Loreza asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm afraid my brother is away, Princess Loreza. Called away by his duties as Hand of the King." Genna Lannister said, finally speaking.

"I see." Princess Loreza said, seeming disappointed.

"Father won't be back till next week, but you are still our guests until then. May I lead you to your quarters? You must be exhausted from your travels." Livia offered.

"Lady Livia, if you will, please lead my children to their quarters. I have a lot to speak of with your aunt." Princess Loreza smiled though it seemed strained.

Livia met her aunt's eyes for a second before nodding her head in agreement. "As you wish. It was a pleasure to meet you."

"I look forward to our time here." The princess said with an unspeakable emotion in her eyes.

As if she knew something Livia didn't.

And she hated not knowing things.

•°•°•°•°•°•

Throughout waiting for her father's arrival, Livia had began spending time with the Martell siblings while Princess Loreza had been talking and talking with her Aunt Genna and her Uncle Kevan, about what, she did not know.

Fortunately, Elia and Oberyn Martell have proven to be brilliant distractions as the two always found something to do for the three of them.

Cersei and Jaime loved Livia but they also had their own little world and sometimes, there was no place for their older sister in them. With Elia and Oberyn, she felt like she belonged.

Now, instead of seeing just the lone Lannister girl, the people at Casterly Rock always saw her accompanied by the Martells. A crown of gold surrounded by crowns of midnight.

"So, what do you think of Lannisport's wine?" Livia asked while taking a sip of her own cup of spiced honey wine.

"It's very good. No wonder people travel far and wide for this." Elia exclaimed.

"Speak for yourself, I feel as if I might die from its sweetness." Oberyn jested, making the girls laugh.

It had been too good of a day to spend indoors so with some insistence, they were all able to head down to Lannisport and now, they were all sipping on Lannisport's spiced honey wine.

"There's nothing wrong with a little sweetness." Livia defended, though she must admit that she preferred Dornish Red.

"I agree, my sweet." Oberyn smirked, before winking at her.

Livia let out a small laugh at the prince's flirtations. She must admit, she had never had someone be so open about emotions as he was. It was different to say the least.

"Livia, may I ask you something?" Elia asked, almost hesitant.

"You may ask me anything." Livia answered, still smiling from Oberyn's teasing.

"We, Oberyn and I have heard rumors about your brother. Unbelievable really and we were wondering, if they were true." Elia questioned, not out of judgement but of mere curiosity.

Livia knew this and just answered something to appease them. "I could take you to see him if you'd like."

"You don't have to if you do not want to." Oberyn said, not wanting to push away the Lannister girl he seemed to be fond of.

"It's alright, there's nothing wrong with visiting my brother." Livia said but in her mind, she thought something she wouldn't dare voice out to her father or to anyone at all for that matter.

There was nothing wrong with her brother. Tyrion was different but he was far from the monster that people painted him to be.

He was just a baby and she hoped that Elia and Oberyn would see him as she had, for her heart would break if she lost the two of them to the rumors that the world around them spoke of.