Chapter 6 - Temper Tantrum

Harry's POV

"Where were you at lunch?" Liam asked me as I went to AP English with him.

"Sorry Li, Ms. Arthur asked me to come with her. She wants me to be a tutor." I explained. "Guess who I'm tutoring?"

"Who?"

"Louis."

"Of course he's failing chemistry." Liam said with a snicker. "But why would you agree to tutor him?"

"Because I owe it to him."

"You don't owe him anything, Harry. He'll just take it for granted." Liam said as the second bell rang.

I shrugged. "Maybe, but he helped me when his friends beat me up." I pointed out.

"Harry, you know he's not a good guy. He's a jerk and he's just gonna take advantage of how smart you are."

I shrugged as our English teacher began talking. She gave us our vocab for the week, warning us of the quiz we'd be taking on Monday.

We worked on writing them down and going through them with a partner. Instead of actually going through them Liam and I just talked. We both knew we'd pass the vocab test.

"I just don't want Louis to do to you what he did to me. Let me tell you it hurts like hell to lose your best friend."

I nodded. "You don't think I'll leave you for Louis right?" I asked. I didn't want him thinking that. "Louis ditched you, how much of an jerk would I be to do the same thing with the person who did it to you."

"I know you won't. He's the jerk, not you."

"I think his friends are more of jerks than Louis is." I admitted.

"They're the ones who turned him into one, so of course that's true. I can't stand them, especially Zayn."

"Why 'especially Zayn?'"

"Let's just say I know what it's like to be beat up by Zayn too." Liam said, writing the last vocab word down.

"Zayn beat you up?" I asked. He never told me that.

Liam nodded. "Except Louis didn't come to my rescue, like he did for you." Liam said. "He just stood there and watched."

I could sense Liam's jealousy and annoyance. He was jealous Louis saved me and not him. He was irritated with the fact that Louis and I were associating, and no matter what he said, I knew he was scared I'd replace him. I understood that what happened between Louis and Liam had scarred Liam.

A few classes after that, and the day was over, and it was time to go be the coach's assistant for practice.

"Hey," Louis said sitting down next to me as I laid down a towel. He handed his phone to me. "Put your number in so I can let you know when I'm coming."

"Okay," I said nervously, punching in the numbers and handing it back to him.

"Thanks, I'll text you." he said with a smile, running off on the field.

"Are you and Tomlinson friends?" the coach asked, making me jump. He always seemed to show up out of nowhere.

"I guess so," I replied, "I'm tutoring him."

He nodded. "Good, then he can keep you from the jerks that beat you up." he said. "And by jerks I mean the kids on my team. Let me know when you're ready to tell me who it was." he patted my shoulder as he ran out to the field to start practice.